No Fuck Flu..

Smithy

Okay so im going to get tested at some point but just thought id see what you guys think my chances are of being negative/positive. I am hetrosexual and have barebacked on ten occasions. First time was June 1996, then Oct 2001, May 2005, Aug 2005, Jul 2005 Feb 2006 (x2), Mar 2006, Sep 2006, May 2008. I don't recall on any of those occasions feeling ill anytime after. In that time I have had the flu twice but usually back on my feet after two days. With that flu I have have woken sweating but not on the level of a bed wetting sweat. I have occasional colds and have had diarrhea probably three times in the past 5 years. So have I been lucky not to get fuck flu or have all the woman I have barebacked been negative?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay so im going to get tested at some point but just thought id see what you guys think my chances are of being negative/positive. I am hetrosexual and have barebacked on ten occasions. First time was June 1996, then Oct 2001, May 2005, Aug 2005, Jul 2005 Feb 2006 (x2), Mar 2006, Sep 2006, May 2008. I don't recall on any of those occasions feeling ill anytime after. In that time I have had the flu twice but usually back on my feet after two days. With that flu I have have woken sweating but not on the level of a bed wetting sweat. I have occasional colds and have had diarrhea probably three times in the past 5 years. So have I been lucky not to get fuck flu or have all the woman I have barebacked been negative?

Im almost certain you are neg. Go to your local drug store and pick up am oraquick test to be sure.

From what I know of the matter not everyone gets the fuck flu after infection but considering that you haven't barebacked since 2008 and you've had no negative health defects other than a slight flu and the common cold it doesn't sound like you're positive.

Either way you should get yourself checked out just in case, it's probably safe to say you're negative but you should never make assumptions.

Thanks, any other thoughts appreciated.

Not to be rude, but there really is nothing anyone on here can tell you.

You need to get tested yourself even though it may be hard mentally to face it. It seems to me you are looking for validation on here that you are neg, and no one on here, or really anywhere can give you any decent answer without at least an HIV test.

Go get tested, no matter what the result its not the end of the world.

Again, not meaning to be rude, I'd say you fit into the category of "worried well". We saw an awful lot of this is the eighties when people transferred their guilt at what they'd done to HIV. It was like they were secretly hoping to have caught it as a "punishment" for what they saw as things they'd done wrong in their life. It didn't even have to be sexual: some of the scenarios people invented to punish themselves with were really quite inventive, like being a few drops of vomit from a drunk on a bus landing on their coat.

Go have an HIV test: it's easy enough to do. If necessary lie and say it's for a friend. When it turns up negative (as I'm 99.99999% certain it will), if you still have these feelings of fear, arrange to see a counsellor/therapist.

Again, not meaning to be rude, I'd say you fit into the category of "worried well". We saw an awful lot of this is the eighties when people transferred their guilt at what they'd done to HIV. It was like they were secretly hoping to have caught it as a "punishment" for what they saw as things they'd done wrong in their life. It didn't even have to be sexual: some of the scenarios people invented to punish themselves with were really quite inventive, like being a few drops of vomit from a drunk on a bus landing on their coat.

Go have an HIV test: it's easy enough to do. If necessary lie and say it's for a friend. When it turns up negative (as I'm 99.99999% certain it will), if you still have these feelings of fear, arrange to see a counsellor/therapist.

Youre right. I am at that the stage where im convinced I have it. Too much thinking. Out of the ten I have barebacked five now have children and two others are married. Time to get that test done. Thanks for the reply.

Youre right. I am at that the stage where im convinced I have it. Too much thinking. Out of the ten I have barebacked five now have children and two others are married. Time to get that test done. Thanks for the reply.

EXACTLY! if you are nervous have a drink or something, but get the test done. Most major pharmacies have the oraquick test. Get out and do it now and depending on how far away your local pharmacy is, you can be done within 45 mins. The test itself only takes 20 mins for results.

http://www.oraquick.com/

Food for thought: When I was 18 I had a broken condom experience when a guy was fucking me. I freaked out, and let it eat me up, and make me a nervous wreck for three years until I finally had the balls to go when I was 21. I was fine, but i could have spent all that nervous energy on something productive, and not needless worry. Now because Im a sexually active gay man I go every three months like all sexually active MSM should. If you are straight well, you can go less, but freaking out is NOT helping you. No matter what the outcome knowing will help you.

Ok one last thing..the last person i barebacked was a fuck buddy, we had sex on six occasions. Since then she has had two kids so would it be safe to say she is negative? And if i had something she would of contracted it?

I'm half tempted to pass over this question because it's feeding in to your "worried well" problem: I think you're trying to use her experience to avoid the HIV test you know will settle your mind once and for all. I'll answer this question because it's not going to help you hide the problem one little bit. Thousands of women with HIV have babies who don't inherit their mother's HIV. And it's perfectly possible to have sex with someone with HIV, of either sex and not get it.

Please, do yourself a favour and get that HIV test out of the way. To repeat myself: when it turns up negative (as I'm 99.99999% certain it will), if you still have these feelings of fear, arrange to see a counsellor/therapist. Continually questioning things like this is doing you no good, in fact it's probably making things worse...

You must have been really worried if your last time was 5 years ago. I wonder what you're doing on this site or hoping to get out of it?
Looking for advice. I havent been worried because I never really thought about it until now and because my health has been good.

Ok have ordered an oral testing kit. Now starting to worry. Not looking forward to doing the test.

Of course you're worried: your fears about HIV have been a major part of your life for quite some time and now they're about to be revealed as groundless, leaving you without something that's been, possibly, a repository for other fears you might have in life. Certainly it's been something that's allowed you to be the centre of attention. Perhaps it might be an idea to book an appointment with a therapist now so that there's less of a gap between you doing the test and seeing a therapist to talk over the implications of the result of the test.