Get Noticed With An Avatar, A Signature & A Profile Pic

• Administrators

There are a few things you can do to make your posts stand out on here. Avatars and signatures are the most important...

The avatar is the little picture that shows up to the left of your posts just under your profile name (like you see to the left of this). You can upload just about any pic and it will be resized to the size required for avatars.

The signature is a block of text that shows up at the bottom of all your posts. It's the same on all your posts and if you change it old posts will change. You can put just about anything you want in there - just don't let it get too high - don't let it get higher than about 4 lines of text. You could put you're stats and location, or links to blogs you may have, or links to public profile pages on sites like BarebackRT (e.g. rawTOP on BarebackRT).

And lastly, you can have a profile picture that's different than your avatar. Profile pics only show up on your profile. [You can also upload whole albums of pictures using the album option under the 'Community' drop down menu near the top of each page - but that's another topic completely.]

To add/modify your avatar, signature, or profile pic, just click on "Settings" in the top right corner of any page and then choose the appropriate option from the left sidebar on the subsequent page.

Enjoy!

• Administrators
I tried to edit my avatar but it doesn't give me an option to upload my avatar. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong option?

I'm trying to upload my pic so that every time I post, anyone can see whatever pic I may have up.

That took me a while to figure out, but there are different profile levels and I didn't have regular users permissioned properly. As an admin I had more options...

Should work now...

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators
Is there a way to add a banner link to my blog? I have a picture which is the header pic of my blog and i would like to add it as a banner in my signature section here if possible. Is there a way?

Yes, you can upload a pic or link to one on another server. The options are right under the text area for editing your signature. Keep the pics small though.

• 2 years later...
  • Administrators
I just put a signature on my profile but its only putting it on my new posts is this normal

When you do a post there's a setting "show signature y/n". It sounds like your old posts were created with it set to not show signature, which is why it's not showing your new signature.

• 10 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.