dgh2o

If you met your ideal sex partner who requested monogamy, would you:  

58 members have voted

1. 1. If you met your ideal sex partner who requested monogamy, would you:

• Try to be monogamous
    • Turn him down
    • Agree but cheat occassionally
    • Agree but still be a whore on the side

I have an amazing partner -- we were monogamous for the first 5 years, then the 2nd 5 we played together (3ways mostly, some small groups); then for the last 5 we've been completely open and able to fuck anyone we want as long as it doesn't get romantic -- we play separately about 70% of the time now, but always come back home and tell each other about the men and fuck sessions and end up fucking again -- keeps it hot. I honestly don't know any male couple who are exclusive by year 10.

ATLFUKBUD: I am finding this to be the case with most long-term couples. The first 5 years is the best sex and monogamous. About year 7, you start straying for whatever reason, and if you make it past the cheating on the side, then it seems to evolve into nothing more than an open relationship where most don't even have sex with one another again. It seems like most in this situation only pay each others bills all the while becoming more and more angry at one another. Now, that's been my observation. I think you've found a good solution for you and yours. I wonder though, for others, if there's no sex between the two, what's the point - at that point. Make sense? I am just curious as to your thoughts.

In my case, my partner (now husband) started out with an open relationship, but we found after several years that our desire to play around became less and less. When we finally got engaged in 2009 we decided to officially close our relationship.

It's not so much about sex as the fact we would rather spend an evening with each other watching TV than fooling around with others. It's about companionship.

Still, we also agree that if either of us should lapse, a little indiscretion is also a lousy reason to divorce. So maybe some day I'll get an irresistible offer with the right combo of deviant six acts, sleazy venues, and party favors but until then I'm happy watching Downton Abbey" and "Project Runway" with my husband while living and jerking vicariously through this site.

My last "full-time" partner and I were together for fourteen years, but sex went out of the window after five years - thanks to early overdosing of protease inhibitors I lost all trace of libido. I was getting over that when he got sick. I didn't think it tactful to go out whoring when he was sick, so kept it in my pants. Not sure what I wanted after so long away from sex, after his death I ended up almost entering a 24/7 as a bottom. He lived too far away for us to see each other more than once or twice a month. Sexually he was amazing, but wanted exclusivity and chastity. I'm a fundamentally truthful guy: I could have let it go on and cheated on the side (being versatile, there were a couple of guys I was fucking and knocking about), but he'd have known I was lying. So the relationship was dead in the water before it even got started. Basically, if he isn't happy with me whoring around, either as top or bottom, then he ain't my ideal partner.

I would not TRY to be monogamous I WOULD be monogamous.

That it is easy for me to say this because I've never been in a relationship. for a list of reasons I won't go into, I can't find anyone who would want a relationship with me, hell it is hard enough just to find guys who want to hook up. I am one of the most loyal guys you could ever meat, but guys can't get past my physical being. I am open about it before meeting and then I never hear back. oh well.