Is Your Email Address Up-To-Date?

rawTOP

• Administrators

For years now I've sorta ignored bouncing emails. I'm just now getting around to marking users with bouncing emails as "awaiting email confirmation", which means you won't be able to post anywhere but the Tips & Tricks section of the site.

If your email is not up-to-date, please update it now, by going to "Settings" in the upper right corner and choosing "Edit Profile" and then "Edit Email & Password". It'll save all of us a lot of hassle.

If your account gets locked down because of a bouncing email and you find you can't do things like post, just reply to this thread with your new email address and I'll change your email address and send you an activation code. (Check your spam folder if you don't see it).

If you've forgotten your email address, you'll need to do something to prove you own the account. One option is to message me on BBRT or A4A from the profile mentioned in your profile here. Short of that, I'm not sure how you'll prove your ownership of your account - so don't let your email address here go out-of-date!

In other related news, I've deleted everyone who's "awaiting email confirmation" who hasn't logged in in the past 120 days and who hadn't made any posts. That amounted to over 2500 accounts. So realize, if you wait too long to resolve email problems your entire account can get deleted.

Edited by rawTOP

I'd suggest the BBRT option would be far better than posting email addresses on a forum.

Anonymity and privacy is hugely important for people - especially considering the contentious issues of barebacking/bug chasing that are discussed here.

It's probably why you find so many expired email addresses: people won't use their main address or will sett up new ones for these sorts of sites, which then of course lapse and expire.

People aren't going to want to post their email address for the whole world to see. -People would either stop posting on the site or create a new account with a new email address.

• Administrators
I have had the same email address since about 2000 or 2001 and never change it. randy_j_50028@yahoo.com Always available for anyone and the 'hottest anywhere'. LOL

Your account is fine.

No need to respond here unless you're having problems.

I'd suggest the BBRT option would be far better than posting email addresses on a forum.

Anonymity and privacy is hugely important for people - especially considering the contentious issues of barebacking/bug chasing that are discussed here.

If people request I can delete the post with their email as soon as the issue is resolved. Not everyone has filled in the BBRT/A4A option in their profiles.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.