Minimum Age On Hookup Sites

rawTOP

Minimum Age I Should Allow on BBBH.com (with access limits for <18)  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Minimum Age I Should Allow on BBBH.com (with access limits for <18)

Play it safe. If an adult male has sex with a 14 year old girl that looks 18 and lies about her age he still goes to jail even though she lied. It would take prosecutors finding just one underage kid saying he was from a state with a lower age of consent than the one he lived in to get you shut down. We understand your motives but do you think an ultra-conservative DA from Mississippi or Texas would?

I would say go with the age of consent, and play it safe, as per the state that you are in. Most places the age of consent is 17 is the youngest, though 18 would be the safest. For legal reasons, you would want to give yourself some lee way to where you too all necessary precautions to prevent someone who is too young from gaining access, and with a few warnings there, along with age verification to protect yourself and the site.

Frankly, I don't think it's worth the hassle, for three reasons.

1.) The vast majority of, say, 15-18 year olds are looking for a "highschool boyfriend" experience within their own age group. Sure, decades ago with all the stigma you had to go cruising for older men in parks and restrooms, not out of choice, but out of necessity, because that's what was available the easiest. But this is the internet age, today you can choose your own group of peers. So I think the vast majority of gay teens will be best served by social networking sites for gay youths. Sure, teens will use this sites for sex, too. If cinema teaches us anything, then it's that teens will use apple pie for sex. But for most it's a more comfortable surrounding.

2.) Then there are the early bloomers who know exactly what they want. Who knew how to get a fake ID to get into a gay club long ago. Just saying you're 18 on the internet is a thousand times easier. With the young generation more tech-savvy than ever, one can be sure that those REALLY looking for bareback hookups before the age of 18 all already 100% present on the usual hook-up sites. But if they choose to cheat, the site operator cannot and should not be blamed.

3.) I believe it is nearly impossible - legally and from a user experience standpoint - to create a site that both fulfills the requirements of protecting minors (without being inundated with lawsuits and other legal shenanigangs) and offers a satisfying hook-up experience to all the others, i.e. without a thousands hoops to jump through to prove you're really over 18 and then still to be denied some XXX-rated pics, because the permissions system on the site has to be overcautious or else one slip-up might bring the whole site down.

I know that the current situation (when it comes to all the hook-up sites, gay or straight, bareback or safe) which realistically boils down to "just let them lie about their age" isn't really an honest solution. But I don't see a realistic alternative. As to the safer environment: I believe that specific social networking sites for gay youths (that aren't purely sex-oriented) serve that purpose quite well.

Edited by GermanFucker

• Administrators

OK, you guys have talked me out of giving teens under 18 limited access to the site. I still think it's a good idea - even a responsible idea - but the powers that be can be rather unreasonable when it comes to teens and their natural impulses for sex - there's no point challenging that structure. If I do anything it'll be down the road and only 18 & 19 year olds will be able to see the 16 & 17 year olds. Since most places have close-age exceptions that should be OK. But again - nothing for now.