I think I'm going to test poz... Scared, confused and don't know what to do.

In your blog you wrote

Little did I know that years later, I would be doing exactly those same "bad things" my mother was talking about. Little did I know...

...and here you said:

...HOT (yes, there will be some graphic articles), ...

What's next on your blog? Maybe the story of when you decided to do those "bad things"?

In your blog you wrote

...and here you said:

What's next on your blog? Maybe the story of when you decided to do those "bad things"?

hungry_hole, without trying to give away what might be next in the blog, I am going to reference Jigsaw from the movie Saw (when he said, "yes, there will be blood.").... YES, THERE WILL BE CUM! lol. I'll keep you posted on when it goes up.

Guest JizzDumpWI
Deep breath man. There were MANY times in the last few years I would get sick and would fear that I was converting and I was wrong. Unfortunately, this last time, it really did happen, but you may very well be wrong.

FWIW there were many flu times before I started PrEP where I thought "this is it...". Once I knew PrEP was a viable option that ended. All of us barebackers really have two options. Accept we may convert or PrEP. Obviously the questionably effective condom route isn't for any of us.

FWIW there were many flu times before I started PrEP where I thought "this is it...". Once I knew PrEP was a viable option that ended. All of us barebackers really have two options. Accept we may convert or PrEP. Obviously the questionably effective condom route isn't for any of us.

Still the only option for many - there may be a few places left on the UK PrEP trial (PROUD Study) but they may have decided to go ahead without as many guys as they'd hoped.

Guest JizzDumpWI
Still the only option for many - there may be a few places left on the UK PrEP trial (PROUD Study) but they may have decided to go ahead without as many guys as they'd hoped.

I wonder why too few? Lack of information? Or ???

Had a dickfor on Mancunt ask me about PrEP. I told him. He replied he had never heard of it so I was full of shit, then blocked me. Wierd but I do know better off blocked by him.

Hey guys, just thought I'd check in with an update. Spoke to my ID doctor today. All my labs came back and my VL is 70,000 (doc said that's pretty high and should start meds right away). Wondering if I should be alarmed by that. Genotype came back fine he said- no drug resistance he could find. So I have an appointment to see him Friday and hopefully I can get on meds ASAP.

No you shouldn't be alarmed by that number. Mine was higher when I was diagnosed and I have been undetectable since 4 months on meds (Jan 2009)

Hey guys, just thought I'd check in with an update. Spoke to my ID doctor today. All my labs came back and my VL is 70,000 (doc said that's pretty high and should start meds right away). Wondering if I should be alarmed by that. Genotype came back fine he said- no drug resistance he could find. So I have an appointment to see him Friday and hopefully I can get on meds ASAP.

That would be high if it weren't for the fact that you seroconverted very recently. When HIV infects, it goes through a massive cycle of reproduction (and corresponding rise in the Viral Load, and drop in the CD4 count). At its peak, the VL can be way higher than 70k. Without a second test we don't know whether you're going up or down at present. If it follows pattern, you'll have a very high viral load for a while which will then fall naturally. As the VL falls, the CD4 count will rise as they're not being turned into virus factories. After three months or so you should have a clearer picture of what's going on.

By all means, start meds as soon as you're ready: what I'm saying is it doesn't have to be just yet if you feel the need for a bit of breathing space first. Just as long as when you decide to go on meds, you feel you can keep up the adherence side of things (ie not miss doses). 70k isn't that high if you're on the original spike of the graph: I had a drug holiday (NOT something I recommend people try!) six or seven years ago - nearly twenty years into treatment - and got to 65k in six months. Best of luck on Friday...

Hey rawTop great site by the way. Is great that there is a place for this discussion and others that take place here on this site. I became poz back in 2011 and kicked myself for not testing more often since most of my experience is bareback with tops and bottoms. My T cells fell below 100 and was sick.

I encourage anyone playing raw with anyone to keep checking. Be ready and all.

My only concern now i have is hep C and if one plays raw and how to brace for this? I like to find a regular bud or 2 that can be hep C neg. just like to

keep my health up as now i am undetectable T cell here is 760 ,