dangerous site

bearbandit

A new site went up today at caughtlads.com (no www)

I'll let them speak for themselves:

Caught Lads was created to expose those who use apps such as Grindr to cheat on their partners, have bareback sex with randoms (and lie about it to others), which increases the spread of STIs and HIV. This is not a service to out people with HIV - it exposes bareback and 'pozzer' culture, which is a public health risk.They're on twitter at @CaughtLads

Twitter is presently repeatedly crashing with the shitstorm this site has created. They're working on the site as I write - not so long ago they stopped referring the to the people they're outing as skanks and have changed some of the wording. The "Tom" they refer to on their front page is the editor of the online magazine I write for www.beyondpositive.com . Be careful in your conversations on Grindr and any other apps (or stop using them altogether in protest). So far the five guys "exposed" are all in England. No idea if this is going to spread abroad, if the police will get involved or what (What they're doing is generally thought to be illegal under British law , though no-one has been able to get legal advice yet...

Well the site "appears" to have been registered through "TUCOWS" and also appears to have be done through a RESELLER listed as "Fasthosts Internet limited" with an email of " domains@fasthosts.co.uk" and this was done through a privacy company out of Toronto, Canada......

Here is what the "WHOIS" Registry inquiry returned...........

Domain Name: CAUGHTLADS.COM

Registry Domain ID: 1729515798_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN

Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.tucows.com

Registrar URL: http://tucowsdomains.com

Updated Date: 2014-01-25 14:36:05

Creation Date: 2012-06-25 15:57:48

Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2014-06-25 15:57:48

Registrar: TUCOWS, INC.

Registrar IANA ID: 69

Registrar Abuse Contact Email: domainabuse@tucows.com

Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.4165350123

Reseller: Fasthosts Internet Limited

Reseller: domains@fasthosts.co.uk

Reseller: +44.8445830777

Reseller: http://www.Fasthosts.co.uk

Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited

Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited

Registry Registrant ID:

Registrant Name: Contact Privacy Inc. Customer 0131614761

Registrant Organization: Contact Privacy Inc. Customer 0131614761

Registrant Street: 96 Mowat Ave

Registrant City: Toronto

Registrant State/Province: ON

Registrant Postal Code: M6K 3M1

Registrant Country: CA

Registrant Phone: +1.4165385457

Registrant Phone Ext:

Registrant Fax:

Registrant Fax Ext:

Registrant Email: caughtlads.com@contactprivacy.com

Registry Admin ID:

Admin Name: Contact Privacy Inc. Customer 0131614761

Admin Organization: Contact Privacy Inc. Customer 0131614761

Admin Street: 96 Mowat Ave

Admin City: Toronto

Admin State/Province: ON

Admin Postal Code: M6K 3M1

Admin Country: CA

Admin Phone: +1.4165385457

Admin Phone Ext:

Admin Fax:

Admin Fax Ext:

Admin Email: caughtlads.com@contactprivacy.com

Registry Tech ID:

Tech Name: Contact Privacy Inc. Customer 0131614761

Tech Organization: Contact Privacy Inc. Customer 0131614761

Tech Street: 96 Mowat Ave

Tech City: Toronto

Tech State/Province: ON

Tech Postal Code: M6K 3M1

Tech Country: CA

Tech Phone: +1.4165385457

Tech Phone Ext:

Tech Fax:

Tech Fax Ext:

Tech Email: caughtlads.com@contactprivacy.com

Name Server: NS1.VIDACLOUD.CO.UK

Name Server: NS2.VIDACLOUD.CO.UK

DNSSEC: Unsigned

URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/

>>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2014-01-25 14:36:05 <<<

Registration Service Provider:

Fasthosts Internet Limited, domains@fasthosts.co.uk

+44.8445830777

+44.8708883760 (fax)

http://www.Fasthosts.co.uk

http://facebook.com/fasthostsinternet

This domain's privacy is protected by contactprivacy.com. To reach the domain contacts,

please go to http://www.contactprivacy.com and follow the instructions.

The Data in the Tucows Registrar WHOIS database is provided to you by Tucows

for information purposes only, and may be used to assist you in obtaining

information about or related to a domain name's registration record.

Tucows makes this information available "as is," and does not guarantee its

accuracy.

By submitting a WHOIS query, you agree that you will use this data only for

lawful purposes and that, under no circumstances will you use this data to:

a) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission by e-mail,

telephone, or facsimile of mass, unsolicited, commercial advertising or

solicitations to entities other than the data recipient's own existing

customers; or (B) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes that

send queries or data to the systems of any Registry Operator or

ICANN-Accredited registrar, except as reasonably necessary to register

domain names or modify existing registrations.

The compilation, repackaging, dissemination or other use of this Data is

expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Tucows.

Tucows reserves the right to terminate your access to the Tucows WHOIS

database in its sole discretion, including without limitation, for excessive

querying of the WHOIS database or for failure to otherwise abide by this

policy.

Tucows reserves the right to modify these terms at any time.

By submitting this query, you agree to abide by these terms.

NOTE: THE WHOIS DATABASE IS A CONTACT DATABASE ONLY. LACK OF A DOMAIN

RECORD DOES NOT SIGNIFY DOMAIN AVAILABILITY.

• Upvote 1

Last we heard they'd moved to a server in South Africa, their second move tonight. It's back up again, though this time without the profiles and conversation screenshots. Several UK police forces are investigating them libel is a civil offence here, but what they're doing is a hate crime.

Last we heard they'd moved to a server in South Africa, their second move tonight. It's back up again, though this time without the profiles and conversation screenshots. Several UK police forces are investigating them libel is a civil offence here, but what they're doing is a hate crime.

That's so sad.

Think about how much on this side is wank fantasy. Or how many users on Grindr and BBRT are just people curious or who get off on the fantasy. How many of us have had conversations on those sites with people who just want wank chat and then you never hear from again. How many of us are those disapearing people, just looking for dirty chat while having a wank.

It's so sad and hateful that people would try and ruin the lives and relationships with others over things that, chances are, they have no intention of doing.

The Comedian Greg Davies said it well - "I can guarantee you, everyone on in this room has had a thought sometime today that if you told your partner, they would leave you." (that was either on Mock the Week or one of his Live Tour DVDs)

Exactly - the number of guys in Australia I've pozzed on Growlr while I've been having my morning cup of tea... I get off on writing poz fiction, and the thought of other guys getting off on what I've written. The scene in Pozdaddy where Poz cuts his dick to be sure of pozzing Mochyn - well, it was a hell of a wank after I'd written that, but there's no way I'd do that with a neg guy (and very few poz guys).

Last we heard they'd moved to a server in South Africa' date=' their second move tonight. It's back up again, though this time without the profiles and conversation screenshots. Several UK police forces are investigating them libel is a civil offence here, but what they're doing is a hate crime.[/quote']

The site had been taken down for now.

The Comedian Greg Davies said it well - "I can guarantee you, everyone on in this room has had a thought sometime today that if you told your partner, they would leave you." (that was either on Mock the Week or one of his Live Tour DVDs)

I think that was on Mock the Week, but I'm not entirely sure... and I'm in the states lol. I remember hearing that quote, and it definitely rings true. I know something about my ex that would crush her relationship with her current bf, but there's no point in telling him; just like there's no point in him telling her a few things that she'd leave him over. We all have things that we are somewhat "ashamed" of, per se.

This site reminds me of The Dirty, and remotely of a site that was "satirical" about the war in Iraq that was fairly controversial (if I think of the name, I'll post it). These sites are not necessarily against human freedoms, so to speak, but the ripple effect that occurs is far from worth condoning the activities in any way. It's sad to see that people constantly listen to tabloid-based news. Then again, this is the world we live in, isn't it?

And they're off again, having added to the site over the past few hours and ranting like crazy on twitter. Going by the fact that I know a guy who knows two of the guys who were entrapped last night, I reckon they're based in North East England, probably the Tyne and Wear area. They're fighting their bigoted little corner in a very nasty manner. Whatever their motives, these guys are potentially dangerous: be careful when chatting and watch out for "entrapment" style questions/statements.

And they're off again' date=' having added to the site over the past few hours and ranting like crazy on twitter. Going by the fact that I know a guy who knows two of the guys who were entrapped last night, I reckon they're based in North East England, probably the Tyne and Wear area. They're fighting their bigoted little corner in a very nasty manner. Whatever their motives, these guys are potentially dangerous: be careful when chatting and watch out for "entrapment" style questions/statements.[/quote']

So based in my neck of the woods you think?

So based in my neck of the woods you think?

Almost certainly: one of the guys they targetted had a profile that said he lived in Gosforth and was less than ten miles away. Plus a friend who lives in Newcastle knew two of the guys targetted. At present the site only shows a few tweets but large screen-shots of the guy whose online mag I write for. West Midlands and Great Manchester police are investigating...