Testing partner for HIV without him knowing using Oraquick and his load from my ass?

I have an unusual situation. My partner refuses to get tested for HIV and he's fucking me and creaming my ass often. I won't go into why he doesn't want to get tested, but he hates doctors and clinics. He also says that just the fact I'm asking him means I don't trust him. It's complicated...

I actually think he's only having sex with me but I'd like to see if I can make sure he's neg. I was thinking that I could make him dump a load in my ass and then use an Oraquick with his cum squirted out of my ass onto the Oraquick pad without him seeing all this. Does anyone know if HIV antibodies present on cum would work on the Oraquick? My gut tells me that this is actually fine and that Oraquick will pick up the antibodies on any body fluid including blood, gums and cum.

thanks guys

taken from the oraquick website "Do not ever use any other fluids (blood, sweat, semen, etc) when using OraQuick as the kit is not made to test for the HIV virus using those fluids"

Yeah, yah, yah. I know what all the legalese when you buy the thing. But I actually have oraquick's that I got for medical setting and seems the testing device can be used in blood too. My suspicion is that this will test positive to HIV antibodies no matter where they are, blood, gums or cum? That's what I'm asking. If someone who knows the technical details of this stuff knows. Of course Orasure is never going to tell you to use this in any other way than the approved form.

taken from the oraquick website "Do not ever use any other fluids (blood, sweat, semen, etc) when using OraQuick as the kit is not made to test for the HIV virus using those fluids"

By the way just googled that quote because the "... HIV virus .." threw me off, as the test only looks for anybodies. The only hit for that quote is from "oraquick.org" which is no way related to OraSure. It does says at the bottom "OraQuick.org

is an independently owned site and any other properties or websites owned by it's owners are not affiliated with, endorsed or authorized by Orasure Technologies Inc." ....

IMHO...He's afraid of more than Drs & Clinics. I say INSIST he get tested.

I know, I know. It has been such a contentious issue over the years. I love the man, but every time I insist he goes get tested just we get into a fight and I just try to avoid the discussion. I'm on PrEP but I want to get off it for a while, but I'm just not sure about letting him bareback with me unless he gets tested.

I'm thinking I may ask a friend who is positive, to see if I can ejaculate on an oraquick to test if this works. According to this study (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7714486) this should totally work.

Edited by rawfuckr

Further inspection of the testing package clearly states that "OraQuick is a single-use, qualitative immunoassay to detect antibodies to HIV Type 1&2 in oral fluid, fingerstick whole blood, venipuncture whole blood, and plasma specimens" ... with that and this http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7714486seems pretty clear testing on ejaculate should be just fine.

post-33804-140864353621_thumb.jpg

Guest JizzDumpWI
I know, I know. It has been such a contentious issue over the years. I love the man, but every time I insist he goes get tested just we get into a fight and I just try to avoid the discussion. I'm on PrEP but I want to get off it for a while, but I'm just not sure about letting him bareback with me unless he gets tested.

I'm thinking I may ask a friend who is positive, to see if I can ejaculate on an oraquick to test if this works. According to this study (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7714486) this should totally work.

Tell him this... if he still refuses then you have a bigger issue than whether he tests.... I love my partner as well, butt if he is refusing to test, then I have to believe he is poz for something... And sometimes a fight is what is necessary.

Edited by JizzDumpWI

I am pretty certain the consensus is correct here- those tests are made specifically for testing antibodies in saliva. IF you were to try it your way, the test will probably either 1) not produce any lines because the incorrect body fluid was used OR 2) potentially create a false positive because it might be triggered by something else in his semen that is not HIV-related. Either way, it won't be a reliable test.

If I were you, I would try to find out what is stopping him from going to a doctor or clinic to get tested. If he is just scared about what the possible result could be, he needs to get over it. I got tested for the very first time six years ago and I was PETRIFIED going in. I was convinced the test was going to be positive, but I was wrong. If that is his fear, he needs to get over it. Anyone who is sexually active, using protection or not, should be getting tested on some sort of regular basis.

Testing him behind his back is wrong. But then again he seems to have issues. He could have been infected before you were together and it is not a matter of trust. However, you obviously don't trust him. The two of you need to see a counselor because your issues are deeper than whether or not he will get tested. Or you just need to move on.

• 2 weeks later...

So this happened.

Got many loads from the man over the weekend. I squirted one of them out and put the brownish spooge onto an oraquick. 20 minutes later control line had showed up and no line on test line so test should be negative. I did an additional oraquick on my, oral this time, neg too.

Doesn't seem like we are going to last much longer so no more of this craziness will be needed.

Guest JizzDumpWI

Sorry to hear that rawfucker. Suspected such at your original post though. If something as simple as health checks are an issue, that is probably tip of the iceberg...

Hi,

Sort of an aside.

I have one friend who's never been tested for anything (despite being 28) and really thinks he should get tested but believes if he gets a HIV+ result he will immediately commit suicide.

I keep explaining statistics, medication options, progress of condition etc; but no help. I've also suggested he goes and gets tested for everything else only... He is very worried about having something and passing it on, but can't get confident enough to go...

I have another friend who always agrees he needs testing (would be first time at a GUM clinic, so I offered to go with him for support) but he never makes an appointment because he's too busy; even though he has lots of spare time. So I think he's in the scared first time thing.

And bf wont get tested (he's been twice in 15 years) but gives no reason - I think in his case it's another case of his avoidance tendancies...

My point is, there can be many ways people avoid testing....

Sorry to hear that rawfucker. Suspected such at your original post though. If something as simple as health checks are an issue, that is probably tip of the iceberg...

In a way I really want to move on. We've been together for 8 years but the last few has been a love-hate relationship. It's really best for both we just move on, but it's difficult to do.