Self diagnosing / medicating

Please don't judge me but wanted to know if other guys actually do this. Visited a bath house and took a few raw loads but Sphyllis keeps playing on my mind and obviously don't want to catch is as don't want to pass it onto bf. Although I'm not actually showing any symptoms it's better to be safe than sorry right? There is various reputable websites on the net where you can buy sphyllis treatment in tablet form so if I think I've caught something I just start taking a weeks treatment for it. It's a very general antibiotic which deals with a range of STI's as well as other general stuff - wondered if anyone else actually does this or is it just me?

Not a good idea to self medicate, Antibiotic resistance is now a major issue and taking them without input from a medical professional will only serve to make antibiotics less effective or even useless going forward. Just thing what it would be like if there was no treatment for Syphilis, some guys on this site would no doubt get boned up at the thought of dying from such an painful infection. But I think most guys would agree it's critical that we have antibiotics that continue to work and save lives.

I appreciate your issue with the BF, when I was in my last relationship I used to worry about this alot, thankfully towards the end we were both cheating so when he got STIs he just assumed it was from his own activity! If it comes to it, confess a drunken blow job!

Enjoy

Guest JizzDumpWI

This is the reason many of us here advocate to test, test, test. Find a good STI clinic near enough to your home and get to know them with regular testing.

Here in Wisconsin I use STD Specialties. Each visit they test for everything. They are more aware of what is going around... They can treat, sometimes with one pill or shot. I am on PrEP and go every three months. But every 6 months, never less often than annual.

If you are self medicating so you play is on the DL, that will eventually catch up with you, and not in a good way. Better to come out to you BF as he should be testing too.

I've never heard of a "reputable" website that sells prescription antibiotics without a script. It's no big deal to go to a clinic or doctor and get tested. As has been pointed out, you don't want to be taking antibiotics if you don't need them. I've taken the week of anitibiotics for Syphillis and it really plays havoc with your digestive system. I wouldn't do it if I didn't need it. Go get tested.

Not a good idea to self medicate, Antibiotic resistance is now a major issue and taking them without input from a medical professional will only serve to make antibiotics less effective or even useless going forward.

salyavin I agree with you and Tiger, but the main concern these days is the issue of antibiotic resistance.

salyavin I agree with you and Tiger, but the main concern these days is the issue of antibiotic resistance.

I recently went to he doctor and I thought there was a chance I was exposed to syphilis, but I had no symptoms. He said sometmes there are NO symptoms. I got tested!

Please don't judge me but wanted to know if other guys actually do this. Visited a bath house and took a few raw loads but Sphyllis keeps playing on my mind and obviously don't want to catch is as don't want to pass it onto bf. Although I'm not actually showing any symptoms it's better to be safe than sorry right? There is various reputable websites on the net where you can buy sphyllis treatment in tablet form so if I think I've caught something I just start taking a weeks treatment for it. It's a very general antibiotic which deals with a range of STI's as well as other general stuff - wondered if anyone else actually does this or is it just me?

Syphilis on its first stages is usually treated with a penicilin shot. The treatment of choice changes a lot with the moment depending on what's going around, and the STD doctors have to be on top of it to know what's the best course of action. Don't fool yourself thinking you can somehow deal with Syphilis on your own. Syphilis can become very serious shit if it doesn't get treated on time correctly. Other ones like gonhorrea and chlamidia are a lot more forgiving.. for now. Just go to the STD clinic and have them look at it

• 5 months later...