some questions on testing/treating STI's soon after exposure before symptoms.

So without going into tons of details, I was in Chicago this past weekend for IML, and ended up doing a few things I NEVER thought I would. ;):grin:

I will say that its very possible I was exposed to STI's based on just the activities that were taking place. Exposure would have been all over, oral, anal, genital. I'm on PrEP, so not too worried on that side of things, but I am curious about the other things. (syphilis, etc) I have a doctors appointment tomorrow, and figure I might as well treat this asap. Any other thoughts on the issue?

Cant say I regret any of it. It was a crazy fun weekend and I enjoyed every moment, but sadly, its time to go back to reality.

Be honest with your doctor. Pretty sure the incubation period for most STI's is fairly short, but to be on the safe side let him know.

:-)

How about a BLOG of your IML adventures.

I'm always honest with my doctors, which is why I am going so soon.

As far as the stories.. Im thinking about it. I normally don't post those things, but it was a hot weekend. ;)

So without going into tons of details, I was in Chicago this past weekend for IML, and ended up doing a few things I NEVER thought I would. ;):grin:

I will say that its very possible I was exposed to STI's based on just the activities that were taking place. Exposure would have been all over, oral, anal, genital. I'm on PrEP, so not too worried on that side of things, but I am curious about the other things. (syphilis, etc) I have a doctors appointment tomorrow, and figure I might as well treat this asap. Any other thoughts on the issue?

Cant say I regret any of it. It was a crazy fun weekend and I enjoyed every moment, but sadly, its time to go back to reality.

You don't really have to wait for symptoms:

- Gonhorrea and chlamydia, should be picked up by RNA amplification tests if there is any there. Ask for an RNA test if possible, they are a lot more accurate than cultures.

- Syphilis, it really depends on the test, but it may take a while for you to show antibodies for it on your blood. One week or two maybe? You can test now, but definitely follow up in a month or two.

- Herpes, unless you are having a outbreak and they do RNA testing on the outbreak sores there is no way to directly test for this. You can do an antibody test to see if you are infected though. If it shows positive you had this before.

- HPV. nothing is going to show up now. check back in 6 months-1 year with an anal pap smear to see what's going on. If you got fucked raw, having some HPV in your butt is a guarantee, the question is if it's affecting your ass in any meaningful way.

- Hep A/B.. I'm assuming your vaccinated for this?

- Hep C. It will take a while for antibodies to show

- HIV. they can do an PCR test. If you got any it should be picked up after a week.

those are the ones on the top of my head!