Wanting To Take First Pox Load

I have been on the fence, should i should i not take a poz load. This has been on the back of my mind for many years now. I do bareback with most guys and i haven't contracted anything as of yet. What should i expect when i take a poz load? How long should i wait to be tested? What kind of treatment is there? Are meds expensive with insurance co-pay?

In recent months, all i can think about is  taking a poz load. I know eventually i will, but i just want to be prepared and not caught off guard.

If you're worried about being pozzed, but want to take poz loads, then get on PrEP.

I've been on PrEP for a while, and it is amazing being able to take poz loads without worrying about being Pozzed. Yes, the risk isn't zero, but it is low.

Something about knowing the load is poz gets me rock hard and horny as can be.

If you're worried about being pozzed, but want to take poz loads, then get on PrEP. I've been on PrEP for a while, and it is amazing being able to take poz loads without worrying about being Pozzed. Yes, the risk isn't zero, but it is low. Something about knowing the load is poz gets me rock hard and horny as can be.

Thanks BiAggieGuy. I will talk with my doc about that. Ive heard there are side effects for PrEP. Is there anything you have experienced or worried about?

The only thing for me might have been some stomach issues right after I started taking it, but that could have been completely unrelated.  It only lasted a few days and has not happened again.  I pretty much don't have too many problems with medication, thankfully, except for statins.

Since everyone tolerates medication differently, all you can do is try it.  If you get a prescription and find out it makes you sick, then at least you know it isn't an option.

• Upvote 1

If you're worried about being pozzed, but want to take poz loads, then get on PrEP. I've been on PrEP for a while, and it is amazing being able to take poz loads without worrying about being Pozzed. Yes, the risk isn't zero, but it is low. Something about knowing the load is poz gets me rock hard and horny as can be.

Ding Ding...  With PrEP I never worry anymore, whereas before it was constantly on my mind.  I also didn't bottom as much as I wanted to before because of the worry of infection.  Now its open season.  :)

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just another advocate for PrEP.  It's covered very cheaply by most insurances (mine is $25 a month which is then covered by the co-pay assistance program, so I pay $0).  So far, no one who takes PrEP daily has sero-converted - the few people "on PrEP" who became positive showed no evidence of the drug in their blood, meaning that they either stopped taking it or were taking it very infrequently.  Studies have shown even if you miss a day, drug levels in your blood remain high enough to prevent infection for about 72 hours.  However, it does take about the same 3 days to build up the recommended amount in your blood when you first start taking it.  I'd recommend you go on PrEP, have your first two week check-in so your doctor can make sure nothing crazy is happening, like you are some metabolism monster who is processing the drug right out or something bizarre.  After that, get wild and indulge your fantasy.  You're going to do it eventually anyway, but this way you'll get the feeling of the risk with little of the actual risk.

Yup, agree totally with my PrEP using brothers above. Been on PrEP for 7 months with no side effects. Had blood work done at the 3rd month interval as per the CDC recommendations with no kidney/liver issues. Allows me to let my inner pig run free (which he would have anyway) without a great deal of anxiety. Oink, oink!!  ;)

• Upvote 1