Gave A Guy Oral, Worried I Might Have Gotten Something From It?

I gave a guy (around my age, a little older) oral sex two weeks ago. I hadnt had done any sexual stuff in over a year.

To make sure I didn't get anything, I didn't let him cum in my mouth, so he did it on my face -- and accidentally, a droplet landed in my eye. I wiped it away gently, and he reassured me he had no diseases after we were done, but what is the potential risk for an infection, and when should I get tested?

I was a little worried, but I shaved and found that I have a number of pimples/zits on my face and neck, so I'm doubly worried though I've found no link between them and any known STD, and they may just be due to my bad skin.

Edited by QbertQtip

<p>well, i think i'm going to stay away from sex from now on, since i can't do it without any risks, plus i don't enjoy it all that much.</p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

<p>besides that, when's a good time to get tested? it was near the end of october, so i was thinking early december?</p>

if you want conclusive you should wait for 12 weeks, so that would put you roughly in mid to late january.

not that i've ever been so worried about a bit of cum in my eye to get tested. The x amount of loads up my bum in that quarter on the other hand...

i don't think giving up sex altogether to avoid risk is either realistic or achievable. You'll eventually meet someone you like and they'll tell you they are neg and you'll take that risk again.  

Edited by sluttysublad

Nothing stopping me from testing in both December and January - I guess it's better that way, just for peace of mind.

And yeah, this is a little offtopic, but giving up sex is definitely something I can do - if I can go a year without sex, I can go longer. It's just a matter of self-control, really. If I do meet someone I like, yeah - but I'm done with grindr-type hookups.

Edited by QbertQtip

The point being that HIV takes up to 12 weeks to show up in tests.  So if you go after 8 weeks you are only 2/3 through the incubation window.

So going in December is not going to give you a conclusive result at all.  if anything you are completely wasting your time, and possibly getting false hope when you get a neg result back.

It's a bell curve: after 6 weeks about half of those who are going to seroconvert have done so as that's the half-way point. If you have got HIV (which is possible but unlikely in my book) a test looking for antigen (ie actual viral material) would find it. I really must read up on current testing: it's so long since I've even been on hand-holding duty at a clinic, that I've forgotten...

Yeah, I do doubt I have HIV - the guy isn't exactly very active sexually, and he seemed like a rather level-headed guy (plus a student as well), so, I doubt he had anything.

Still going to get tested, though. better safe than sorry.

Edited by QbertQtip

You seem very concerned, giving up sex for a year when you engaged in very low risk activities.  I would recommend a few things - go on PrEP (there are many forum postings about it here), and get vaccinated for anything you can, Hep A & B, HPV, etc.  You don't have to be celibate in order to be safe, and you don't need to go through months of fear because of one minimally risky encounter.  You should never do anything you aren't comfortable with, but fear is the wrong reason to avoid intimacy.

• Upvote 3