Transgender Ftm / Prep/ Health Insurance

bottombitchboy

Just tell the doctor your seeing a guy who is undetectable and he fucks you bareback.  That pretty much would get you the prescription for sure.  Sometimes telling a little bit of a lie is just and easier way to getting the end result.

I have BB sex with men. Yes it's why im interested in prep. 

thank you! i will try that ^_^ i just wasn't sure if insurance wouldn't want to pay for it, since on paper i'm F sleeping with M

What insurance do you have? Some require prior authorization and being female on the ID could be a problem. Easiest way to fix is saying you are having sex with poz men or that have a poz partner. That should approve the PA no matter if you are male or female.

Edited by rawfuckr

• 1 month later...

Also, be aware that there were few to no transguys involved in the study, so most transdude-specific recommendations are extrapolated from observations about effectiveness in women - which may not be quite conservative enough, considering the nature of hormonal differences - and that's as clinical as I want to get, because i'd rather be breeding your hot boy holes, but:

- Studies seem to indicate that it can take 21 days to reach full tissue effectiveness levels in vaginal tissue

- Even then, concentrations seem to stay high for less forgiving periods, so don't miss a single day - it's less forgiving

There are the recommendations my favorite transguy fuckhole was given.

Edited by NastyPigBear

You might want to bring this article with you to the doctor: http://www.hivequal.org/hiv-equal-online/trans-men-the-invisible-battle-with-hiv

Here's the bit your doctor might need to read: 

Transgender gay men are not heterosexual women. We do not have sex like women do. Our behavioral risk factors are the same as the behavioral risk factors of gay men, because – big surprise – we are gay men. Sometimes we have anal sex. Sometimes we have vaginal sex. We have sex in bathhouses, perhaps with 20 or more guys in one evening. Not all of us, but some. We cruise for hookups in the twilight hours at Volunteer Park. We meet guys on Scruff, Grinder, and Craigslist for casual one-offs. Some of us use poppers, crystal, and other drugs associated with the gay party-and-play scene. We are at high risk of HIV just like cisgender MSMs are, and we’re being ignored.

Also, I'm not sure where you live but in the SF Bay Area, I've seen some efforts in trans groups to raise awareness about PrEP. My doctor at Kaiser SF told me that only about 1% of his patients are trans (about half trans women and half trans men) and he'd like to see that number come way up. 

I'd be curious to know how it goes for you. Good luck!