Me Undetectable And My Boyfriend Is Negative

olly

Olly, he sounds very insecure in taking responsibility for risk-taking himself. As in believing what he doesn't know can't hurt him - like an ostrich with his head in the sand. He will suck off someone else he knows nothing about but not you - if he catches anything it's the other guys fault, the bastard didn't tell him. It's not his fault, dammit!

You seem to be a great guy, loving affectionate boyfriend and happy to play with others. I doubt you'd be happy going back with him - you'd have to make yourself fit his idea of how you should be, and that will niggle destructively to your own self esteem and happiness, I feel.

Just controlling you is all.   He cannot be so dumb as to think he is safe just because he knows you have HIV and some unknown person doesn't?  That is just plainly and simply ignorant.  We all would love the comfort of coming home to the same person every day, but sometimes it just doesn't work when there is an incompatibility about the couple.  If one is unhappy about it it just becomes torture to stay together.  This is basically a proven fact for many years.   TIme for both to move on or get to counseling together and see if there is something that can be done to compromise to make it work.  Only way to do this.

• 3 weeks later...

Kick him to the curb, Olly. He's had a year and a half to inform himself about HIV, what undetectable is and what the risks (if any) are. If he loved you in a healthy way, he would have done the research.

There are plenty of men out there looking for love, who kiss phenomenally well, will suck every drop of cum out of your dick and will make love to you.

I've been in an sexually unsatisfying relationship...he wasn't a great kisser, didn't rim and rarely sucked me. It ended for various reasons, but I'm grateful it's over.

As the song goes, 'It's in his kiss'...

Kick him to the curb, Olly. He's had a year and a half to inform himself about HIV, what undetectable is and what the risks (if any) are. If he loved you in a healthy way, he would have done the research.

I've been in an sexually unsatisfying relationship...he wasn't a great kisser, didn't rim and rarely sucked me. It ended for various reasons, but I'm grateful it's over.

Well said. HIV isn't a barrier to love and intimacy, especially today with TASP and PrEP. Though sex isn't everything, its absence often does spell the death of a relationship.