Differences In Saunas And Bathouses Around The World.

Scottyrim

Just thought this would be an interesting topic to discuss.

Noticed when I was in Europe last year there seemed to be big differences in the way Bathhouses were run in different countries I went too.

In Edinburgh for instance, the bathhouses closed early. I went on a Saturday night at 2000pm and both bathhouses were closing.

This also seemed to happen in Paris abit.

In Berlin the bathhouses have to be seen to be believed, amazing. But in one there seemed to be hundreds

of people, but more parading than sex.

In Munich when I asked if they had any poppers , they quite firmly told me they were illegal and when I spoke to guys there they said they hardly saw them. But in Berlin they were relatively easy to get, but expensive.

Just wondered what other people s experience have been around the world.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm from California.  I've noticed that a lot of saunas/bathhouses are falling by the wayside.  Business is way down and some many have even closed down.  My guess is that it is due to social media.  The last time that I was at a bathhouse that was lively was in Paris in 2005.  Since then, it seems that no one goes to bathhouses as much as they used to.  Here in California, I've gone several times in the last few months on weekends and during the week.  There are no more than about 20 people there no matter if it is day or night, all of whom were senior citizens.

Since the advent of hookup sites, people can plan hookups anywhere at anytime, so there is no longer much need to go to a bathhouse or gay bar to find some booty.

It's a shame really. There are none around where I live so last time I was in a bathhouse was in Rome. Loads of horny men.

As I stated in a different thread in Amsterdam one closed down but a new one opened.

I too think this has to do with hookup sites and social media. But nothing really can replace the atmosphere of a sauna/bathhouse. The place just oozes sex. Sex is in the air, the sounds of guys fucking and sucking, checking up guys cruising. You may end up getting fucked by (or fuck) someone you would never think of contacting on a hook up site. Total anon. That is something social media cannot replace.

• Upvote 2

Saunas were so much popular 20 years ago. Not as popular because internet hook-ups are free, the sauna environment still pretty hot.

What I like the most about saunas is that there is no need to discuss stats. Someone is either a turn-on or not, in which case you move to the next one. Spontaneous group action is also so hot.

Some differences? Canadian saunas are pretty good and you have the choice of a room or a locker. No such thing in some countries in South America. You get a locker and the key is managed by a staff member. I think to avoid thefts. One can rent sort of a roomette by the hour but with restrictions on what you can bring to the room. I hate that because in Canada I'm used to going directly to my room and have all what I need, like poppers, lube, fetish clothing, masks, etc.

Canadian saunas have good play areas with gloryholes, slings, slurp ramps, etc. In South America I haven't found a sauna with good play areas. Lots of uncut cock which I love.

I find that in Europe there is a lot of parading going on. Sexclubs r so much better! Like laboratory in Berlin or Slammers in LA or F.Lauderdale. I like the hook up sites as well...delivery to the convenience of ur home or hotel room. And then the many partys available of course...

Sitting in the hot tub drinking a beer at Steamworks in Old town San Juan, PR. I've traveled across the U.S. And Canada and have hit a lot of bathhouses and none of them compared to SW in San Juan. Through the years the alcohol went away, but the men remained. When I heard they closed down it was actually depressing. Biggest fucking roughest tattooed uncut Puerto Rican dick. I've been fucked a few thousand times and when several of your most memorable fucks took place at one particular bathhouse...well it'll always be #1 in my book...and ass.