Herbal Supplements, Vitamins, Etc.

NastyRigPig

This isn't code for chems or anything.  I'm generally interested if anybody takes any vitamins, herbal supplements or anything that is supposed to either enhance sexual health, ED, cum production, etc.  The nutrition store has a ton of products, but no idea what works and what is snake oil.  

Any insight gentlemen?

• Upvote 1

Guest PozGoat

I've been shouted down for advocating for natural food remedies to many health maladies in the past.

I wrote out a very comprehensive thread on how to make ANY man's sex drive FUCKING ROAR, but decided not to post it because I felt it would draw more negative feedback from skeptics and those addicted to Mcdonald's etc.

It's saved on my harddrive in Word. Instead of posting it in general, I might share info with people through PM's.

I don't post health tips to stir up controversy, I post them to try help.

Negative feedback aint worth it. So from now on, I'll refrain from posting on these subjects.

The problem isn't with health tips and so on, it's with the fact that some herbal things interact badly with ARVs, which is why I advise anyone on ARVs to double check with a doctor or pharmacist first. In fact the HIV drug interactions site http://www.hiv-druginteractions.org/ has started adding herbal things into its database.

Sorry you've received negative feedback from people, but for some of us (guys like me who are at the end of the present ARV choices and are thus taking less than optimum medication) it's necessary to weigh the benefits of something herbal against the efficacy of the ARVs. The classic example is St John's wort, a long used remedy for depression, which reacts badly with a number of ARVs sufficiently so that in British HIV clinics you'll see posters asking people to check with their doctors about taking St John's wort.

I, for one, would love to see your list - would you PM it to me, please?

i like to take herbal supplements and vitamins but have stopped taking them as it did  affect the meds  I'm on.  I was taking bee pollen and chia seeds, but my viral load would not go below 100.  they kept on putting me on more drugs to get it below 40 and nothing seemed to work, until i decided to stop taking the bee pollen and chia seeds.  the next text my viral load dropped below 40 .   Now it  seems to be fine but still moves a bit which they say is unusual but they think it could be from me being diabetic and its affecting other things.

I think the problem is that herbal supplements can and do affect drugs which no-one may know at the time so im playing it safe and limiting the natural supplements i take to be on the safe side.

And bearbandit, that site showing drug interactions is great i wish i had know about it sooner

• Moderators

It's saved on my harddrive in Word. Instead of posting it in general, I might share info with people through PM's.

I would like to read it as well; please send me a copy. 

• 3 weeks later...