How To Tell Bottoms You're Poz

breederboy

This has come up before but how do you handle it as a top on Grindr when a lot of hot bottoms hit me up wanting to fuck but don't know my status do you tell them before and risk half of them not being interested or tell them and hope some still are? I only fuck bareback and condoms are a huge turn off. Even if a guy is hot I still won't fuck if he insists on a condom. So do you tell guys that I'm poz and undetectable if they ask? And just let the chips fall where they may? ON bbrts it's a lot easier because most there assume it, but problem with bbrts is that it's so dead usually nobody is on much. Just today a hot guy hit me up and we chatted and he was a bottom but he asked "ddf"? So of course when asked I can't lie, so I say, "I'm poz and undetectable and std and drug free". He said he'd get fucked but only with condom. Which is a dealbreaker for me I hate condoms. So how to approach this when chatting with a hot guy? Just tell if they ask point blank? Or tell them from the get go?

• Upvote 2

I think the only answer, unless you get off on the idea of stealth pozzing (unlikely in your case), is just to be upfront when they ask and if they don't, don't worry about it. They have a right to know, even if that cuts your chances of success.

• Upvote 1

True, I have to tell, they do have a right to know I think. Especially guys who may not know what undetectable means. Grindr is a bit indiscrete to say the least so not really comfortable with putting my status in my profile there so usually I wait and see if they ask and if they do I tell them. Its kind of a buzzkill thought having to explain it when you just want to hookup. So far, I have only told them if they ask me point blank, and if they're ok with it, fine, if not, oh well. If they don't ask, then I don't bring it up.

• Upvote 2

as a bottom who talks to guys on apps like GrindR and Scruff etc etc, I don't mind how it's brought up.

usually guys just say "what you into?" and i answer and then they add "bb or safe?" and i say "BB prefered" and then they ask if i am poz , i say "no im not, i get tested regularly but i dont mind if you are poz as long as undetectable and on meds. but either way, i'm cool chatting" and then they go into any details they wanna disclose.

GrindR doesn't give much room on your profile for details like that, try scruff. it has a section for your safe sex preferences.. most list "prep" or "unsafe" or "top safe" or "condoms only" etc. there is a gap for that in your profile on scruff, saves it bieng brought up in conversation.

i'm sure other bottoms wont mind with it just being brought up, i never do. i always try to never judge, when sex is concerned.

Edited by Nay80
  • Upvote 2

Usually guys who hit me up will ask to trade more pics, and then ask what I get into, & then some of them will ask d/d free, others don't. If they ask, I feel I have to tell them. If they don't ask, then I don't feel obligated to tell. Personally I feel that being undetectable and poz is better than not knowing one's status or having an std, but maybe that's just me.

It's kind of a fine line and hard to know. Since I'm mainly into fucking instead of just oral, and I only fuck bareback, period, then I'm fine with telling if a guy asks me directly if I'm "clean" or "d/d free". If he doesn't ask, then I don't tell.

Bbrts is much better as far as knowing statuses but just so few seem to use it. 

• Upvote 1

Its annoying when guys ask "d/d free" or "clean"? What does that even mean? I am poz and undetectable I'm not "dirty". Why do people think it's ok to have stds but if you're healthy and poz and undetectable thats somehow a deal breaker. Don't really get that. Thankfully there are quite a few good bottom pigs who don't care or who are educated.  ;)

• Upvote 1

Well, you could do it like one guy did with me.....tell me "oh I should tell you I am poz"......after giving me 2 loads each day for two days and that was about 4 weeks before I woke up with the fuck flu.  Better late than never?

While true, that method worked for him....it may not have been good (or legal) practice.  I am pretty open about my  wants and status....so it usually starts with a talk about "only bb".   

I also like guys who have the balls to get a biohazard tat.....always there as a reminder that their cum may not be a pure as a new fallen snow.

Must say as a bottom, it's the second question I ask after making sure they know I only BB. Luckily (and it is luck) i'm still neg, but i'd prefer a guy who's a poz top to be open and honest...as long as they're on meds and undetectable i'm fine with that. It's some of the ones who you just know are openly lying (older guys in saunas I've noticed the worst for that)

Edited by Byeboy