Wondering About Barebacking And Testing

Testing?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. I bareback and testing for me is

• Not something I do.....don't care and don't want to know
    • Still test each quarter....I want to know asap if I convert
    • Testing if/when I may have some sort of symptom
    • I am afraid to do, I know I have been exposed, but scared to see my own status
    • I do on occasion, if it is easy and convenient

Been barebacking and NOT sero sorting for over a year.  But, I have not tested in that time nor have I had symptoms.   I make it clear with potential partners that I have had risks but do not know my status.

Do you test regular?   Do most guys just enjoy the sex and only test if the feel some symptoms?

Are there some guys who just do not care to know and won't test.

No doubt there is some evidence that early diagnosis can make better treatment...but reading here, some guys don't seem to want treatment.  Would bee interesting to know more about what others think on that subject.

Been barebacking for most all my life, but as you state it, have sero sorted during that time and have been lucky accept for a close call a few yrs back when I and a friend were stealthed. Short is that he converted and I dodged the bullet for some reason. After that I refrained from any contacts at all and tested a couple of times over the next 8 to 9 months. After that and showing neg, I gradually began to getting back into the action and back to the sorting, but nothing was ever the same as before, there just wasn't as much enjoyment in it with all the worry involved. With each encounter or especially if there were multiple encounters in a short time together, I would worry and wait the appropriate length of time and or if any slight odd symptom would come up, would take one of the over the counter tests. Short to say, this became too much over the last couple of years and Back in Nov/Dec of this last year, I began questioning and struggling with myself if that all the worrying was worth it. I eventually concluded that the paranoia wasn't worth it and just decided to let it go and allow nature to take it's course, when and if it happens and that I will only test when the hard core symptoms show up. ie, as in the fukflu. Then and only then I will be sure of my status and will accept whatever happens.

I love the slutty action in the darkroom at the baths, but I usually become anxious that maybe one of those loads I took on the public sling or in the darkroom infected me. That feeling sometimes makes me more slutty because I think that what's the point of selecting the loads when one never knows.

Another point. Is not testing a form of stealthing? Because one is hiding the possibility that the virus is present.

A guy who doesn't test but has a lot of sex poses as much risk to an HIV-negative person as a poz guy, yet the guy who has not tested has the right to say "I'm HIV-negative" with no judgment. Fair?

Guest descartes70817

I started barebacking again after years of self-denial, but I knew before I started that I was taking greater risks in doing it. I don't tell anyone that I'm negative - don't know and don't care is my honest answer if I'm asked. Can't remember being asked very often though.

I get tested for all STIs every 3 months both to stay healthy and protect my partners. Since I'm on PrEP, I'm more concerned about getting chlamydia, gonorrhea or syphilis than I am of contracting HIV.  I don't want any STI and I sure don't want to pass one on to a fuck buddy (many of whom have become friends). It sucks to have to tell guys you've fucked with recently that you've found out you have something and they need to get tested or treated. 

• Upvote 4

I've been regularly fucking bareback for years, although I occasionally wear a rubber if a partner forces the issue. But I very rarely get tested. In the last 3 years I've been tested twice, and both times followed me thinking I might have caught something (due to symptoms). If I remain symptom free, I wouldn't bother getting tested.

• 4 weeks later...