Adult Education

You know those commercials you hear on the radio or see on TV that promise to qualify you for a career in technology in only six months? Well, I was so desperate at one point in the early 90's that I actually enrolled at one of those places. I had a useless college degree and an almost empty banking account. 

Those places are almost as depressing as you'd imagine. This "university" was about fifteen minutes from my apartment, in long, one-story brick  building next to a few fast-food places. I never once imagined it would really be my ticket to success, but I had run out of options. At least there was plenty of parking. The other guys in my class were formerly in the military and/or prison or just general losers like myself. And mostly unwashed slobs. I swear that whole building smelled of B.O. and drugstore cologne.On the first day we had a "meet and greet" kind of a thing. The instructor was this dumpy old bald guy who looked tired and defeated already. My classmates hovered around the room awkwardly, drinking from plastic cups of soda and just trying to make small talk. There was one group of about five guys laughing and talking loudly like they were at a bar or something. I headed their way when I noticed one student standing off by himself near the back of the room. He was insanely tall -- like 6'8", and he looked really odd and somewhat sickly. For whatever reason I walked up to him and introduced myself.

He seemed relieved that someone had approached him and freed him from his isolation.

"Thanks, man. I'm Todd. I never know how to make small talk with strangers. Are you scared? I'm scared."

"Nah", I replied, "I just don't really have high hopes for this school".

"I didn't either....until now". He flashed me a bright smile and I realized he wasn't so odd-looking. Just gawky and in need of some sun.

"Are you wearing a watch?" he asked

"Yeah", I answered, glancing at my wrist "it's 5:50 pm"

"Shit. I gotta take my pills soon", he said as he fished a little plastic box from the front pocket of his shorts.

It had been a really warm, windy Spring so I asked if he had allergies.

"I'm a hemophiliac..among other things."

I knew that meant his body didn't have the ability to clot. If he got a cut of any kind he'd just keep on bleeding. There was a kid in my third grade class with hemophilia and he never played at recess time -- he just sat on the steps and read a book or chatted with the playground monitor. I felt bad for him and I felt bad for Todd. No wonder he didn't interact with people very well. He took a few pills and gulped the rest of his soda as we made our way with the rest of the guys because class seemed to be starting. He sat right next to me because I guess we were friends now. I I was okay with that. He seemed harmless and genuine while everybody else seemed somewhat rowdy. I'm secretly a gay man and I've had plenty of friendships with straight males, but they were the shy, quiet sort. 

The teacher droned on and on about stuff I assumed everybody would already know. Programming, coding, etc. I took careful notes anyway -- mainly because if I didn't do something I'd doze off. As the boredom continued, I let my eyes wander over to my new friend Todd. His long, slender legs were mesmerizing. His giant tennis shoes fascinated me too. Where on Earth did he buy clothes? I'm really good at checking out men secretly, but I have to wonder if he noticed because through the corner of my eye I saw him stare back at me. Oops. 

Days and weeks went by and Todd and I didn't really move beyond being casual friends and classmates. We always sat next to each together and would even walk out to our cars side by side but he never asked to go somewhere for a beer or coffee, and I didn't ask him either. He was nice and all, but I really just wanted to go home after the four hours ended.

I got bored, skipped a few classes and ended up falling behind in the reading. So one night I stayed late to go to the pathetic little library to make copies of the course outlines which were kept in file cabinet. It was an ultra-depressing, empty  place in the basement next to the bathroom. Of course the copier was broken so I considered just stealing the originals and taking them home. It was quiet as a tomb, but I looked over my shoulder anyway. Todd. Long, lanky Todd was silently standing about five feet behind me.

"Hey, Stranger", he grinned, "I been wondering where you went".

"You found me", I sighed wearily as I closed the file cabinet.

"Ready to go?"

"In a minute" I answered, "I'm just going to go to the bathroom and head home. Hold on."

I grabbed my stuff and left the library. The bathroom was a small room with just two urinals, one toilet stall and a sink. I stood to pee and heard the door swoosh open. Shit! Really? He followed me in here?  I'm what they call "pee shy" and can't go if there's somebody near me. It's shameful, but I put my head down and tried to concentrate. He sidled up to the urinal next to me and pulled his shorts down. As much as I tried, I couldn't go. I looked over and at nearly the level of my chest was Todd's engorged dick. He wasn't peeing either I guess. His body might be thin as a stick, but his meat was fat, dark pink and super healthy looking. Well. I'd never go now. I flushed as if I'd already peed and turned to leave. I went to the sink and was about to mimic hand-washing. And then he grabbed me my the shoulder with both hands.

Panic.

"Wait for me," he said in a tone of voice I hadn't heard come out of him before. The smart thing to do would have been to be cool and slip away when he was unprepared. But no. I tried to bolt and he pushed me face-first into the tiled wall. I was pretty much helpless now.

"I want to share my news with somebody and my ma ain't answering her phone". 

He forced me to the floor in a semi-kneeling position,and turned me around. Then his huge dick was right in my face. He didn't demand it, but I started kissing it anyway. It was just so beautiful and perfect, and I'd fantasized about performing this act on some dude many times. What I hadn't planned on was one of them forcing it past my gag reflex. My fantasies also didn't include me vomiting all over my chin and chest.  I could feel him pulse and throb in my throat, and I momentarily feared he's start peeing. No way did I ever want anything like that. No pee came out. Maybe I could just go back to sucking him and this would end.

But no. He pulled me up and turned me to the wall again. He was breathing hard and I felt my jeans and underwear being moved down. No way was this happening. I felt Todd's apple-sized penis head move between my ass cheeks. He was so skinny -- I could escape if I fought hard enough. With unexpected strength, he pressed his body into mine and I knew escape was out of the question. "My news..." he moaned directly in my ear, "is that I got HIV now".

Holy FUCK!

"I get injections made from the blood of strangers and at least one of them had AIDS". 

What the hell was I supposed to say?

"Before it goes any further in my blood, I want to fuck somebody. Just once".

I was thinking about that's not how it works when he quickly  impaled me. The pain! It was just part of the penis head, but I could not take it. You'd think I'd scream, but only sobs came out of my throat. I was mourning for the life I had just an hour ago. He pressed closer and I could feel his massive tool slide all the way toward my stomach. Surely this was physically impossible. He found a rhythm and kept going in and out, 

He was either saying "Ssshhhh" or hissing. And then no sound except for his heavy breathing and the buzz of the fluorescent lights overhead. It was over and I was ruined forever. 

He waited while I went and sat on the toilet for ten or so minutes. Without words, we then got dressed and then he helped me walk out of the building. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 13

• 3 months later...

I think I would love you and Todd in a together relationship!!!! He is exactly the kind of person I would be drawn to. I can see Todd! I can see and feel you! Did you ever realize how badly Todd wanted to share his news with YOU? Todd had fallen in like with you.

I LOVE this story!!!

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

I think what I like about your writing is how many of your characters are living in isolation and feeling socially awkward due to being gay, and longing to give their love to somebody , and many of the protagonists are individuals who society deems socially unacceptable or unlovable.   I relate to both .... growing up in the midwest in the 70s I felt isolated and out of place due to being different (I didn't know what homosexuality or being gay was because it was not openly talked about, the internet did not exist, and being labeled gay or a homo was the worst insult -- even though some of the same guys telling me it was a bad thing were the same ones having me suck them off or were fucking me).    After my first partner died of AIDS in 92 and I returned to the midwest, many assumed I was also positive and those who knew I was negative told me not to talk about my dead lover if I even wanted to get laid again.    Due to the stigma many of those with HIV/AIDS faced I started having sex only with those who were positive, not because I was a chaser, but many of them were deemed unlovable by others.  I wanted to show them they were not and they were not alone.    In other words, I love your writing and can relate to the complexities of your characters.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 5 months later...