Scorpion Tattoos

Rancor4

There is a local guy here who always posts on CL who sports a Scorp on his chest. Even though he doesn't show his face, I have met him through a friend before and no with 95% certainty that he is poz. I think most young guys are unaware of the Scorp. Who knows? I have always assumed that it represented him being poz.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO a tattoo is just a tattoo.

Only the person sporting the tattoo really knows what it means to him and why he chose it. Sure, amongst gay barebackers a biohazard tattoo almost always means "poz", but assuming that maybe 5% of all men are gay, I'm not even sure within the whole population the majority of all men with a biohazard tattoo are poz. So it holds that specific meaning only for and within a small group.

So yes, poison animals are an alternative to the blatant biohazard symbol, and many poz guys will choose them for that reason: To make an intimate personal statement without being overly obvious.

But they are also cool tattoo art in general. So it always depends on the guy and the situation. If a bi guys who discovered barebacking 4 months ago has one, he probably just liked the design. It's likely different with the guy who shows up at every bareback orgy in town.

But unless one asks, were all just making asses out of ourselfs (u and me) by assuming.

My straight female cousin has a scorpion tattoo. She's a Scorpio and definitely not poz lol. Though I do like the tattoos as an alternative to the biohazard.

I've also seen a biohazard tattoo on a gay guy who said it was due to being a druggie a few years back. Poz/Neg not mentioned. Unfortunately, never got fucked by him coz he was pretty fit! :(

It depends. I tend to agree with GermanFucker, although I will say I know a couple of guys who use it in place of the biohazard symbol. I also know a couple of guys who have it as their astrological symbol. And lastly, I know at least one who has it for both reasons.

Now that is fucking hot brayton! FUCK! I want to get "stung"!!!!!!

I know a poz top who has a scorpion tat on his lower abdomen just above his cock...he said he got it so that when he's fucking the bottoms will know that they are going to get stung.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest JackEdJIZZ

Scorpion tattoos can represent many things.   Strength, intimidation, strong sexual power.   Like snake tattoos, they can be intended to incite fear and offer protection.

But in the gay/queer community, the scorpion is often mean to represent being  HIV POSITIVE.   Certainly the connection of danger and the toxic "venom" are elements why many POZ queers proudly wear the scorpion to announce their status.    

I am one of those who chose scorpion ink as opposed to the traditional bio-hazard mark for my symbol of POZ PRIDE.

So far, the men who see it know what it means, and a pleased to learn my venom is indeed as toxic as the venom of the scorpions displayed on my right arm.

scorpion before wash.jpg

• 6 months later...
Guest Porthos

I've been poz for 12 years now and I'd like to get a small scorpion tattoo below my navel...I don't want it visible unless I'm naked...I want a scorpion as opposed to biohazard as there is an ambiguity over its meaning...

My question is, who has gotten a tattoo in that region of their body? How did you approach the tattoo artist? Having it inked in that location, you would most likely have to be naked...Were you embarrassed? Did you get hard?

Any advice?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Can someone please tell me the meaning of the Scorpion Tatt?  Is it the predecessor of the Bio Hazard tatt for Poz guys or does it have another meaning? Cheers