Advertising parties on BBRT

AirmaxUK

20 hours ago, Spunkinmyarse said:

Playerking, Airmax:  I feel I need to stick up for the cumdumps again... At least the cumdumps are putting themselves out there and trying to organise something (and often paying for a hotel room in the process).  It’s not their fault if others can’t be bothered to organise parties: it’s very rare I see a top going out of his way to arrange something.  Don’t take us cumdumps for granted: you’d miss us if we weren’t there ;)

I think my point was that they were using the group/party/event feature when perhaps the "Quick Connect" feature would be more appropriate if they are looking for hook ups as it's not really a group/party/event. Particularly when many of these ads have zero attendees and they don't respond to invite requests. 

As for tops organising parties - if I'm in a top mood, then I can only realistically give my load to one guy, but as a bottom I can take as much as I want. So I think that's why more bottoms organise stuff as it is in their interest. I have seen tops organise parties where they are whoring out a bottom guy, but that's a different thing.  

I appreciate those that are putting themselves out there - just a bit frustrated there are an increasing number that pretend to be.

15 hours ago, bbzh said:

I have another theory about the drop off in party attendance. Could it be PrEP?

Before barebackers were sort of closeted/shamed and needed the parties to find other barebackers. Now you can look on almost any app and people are pretty open about using PrEP, which is clearly saying "I bareback". Therefore the only incentive to attend a party now may be for group sex. Personally I am divided on the idea of group sex - more potential partners, but also a bigger risk of catching something. I'd probably skip parties altogether if I had enough regulars. 

5 hours ago, Leather69 said:

London also has some great venues such as SBN, Vault etc.. with their nude parties U get to see what is available.. saves the hassle of trying to organise and having no-shows. 

There could be something in this. Is it becoming mainstream? Probably.

I like the variety offered by a group and because it is a small group guys tend to play together rather than endlessly search for the perfect guy which is what happens at some of the bigger events and venues. When you go to the Vault, you often see guys glued to their phones looking for the next guy when they are in a room of horny men! 

Yep.. have seen that at vault..out with phone checking apps. Sbn..well that is different (I don't think that they allow phones inside).. it is much more uninhibited the time I have been there.. unfortunately all that often .. it's a bloody long way from Australia!!!

• Like 1

I think a few of the responses sum it up.  There's more than one answer to this, though.  Just for my own two bobs worth:

When I lived state-side there was a top guy that would organise BBRT parties at his place (he had a full playroom) about once a month.  Actual shows would be around 50% of sign-ups, but still meant at least 7 or 8 guys would be there each time.  Most of us would be regulars, so we knew that the organiser was serious; similarly, he knew would would definitely show up at a minimum.  It really does take a great deal of effort to set these up, whether that be in your own home or at a hotel; a shame to go through all that for seemingly naught.  Also, there were times where a party would be set up at a hotel and then the hotel would catch wind of it and contact the guy who reserved the room threatening to cancel their booking (usually by some bitter queen getting a power trip). 

Living in London now, there are too many places to go for freely available sex - cruise spots (the Heath) and saunas/sex clubs galore.  Just easier to go out and take your pick from guys in the same place.  I have, however, seen guys on their apps cruising while there though - similar to what's been mentioned above.  If you reside anywhere that abundantly has these places, you'd encounter similar issues.

Also, you have (in the major cities at least) a whole array of bottom boys wanting to play out their "Dawson" fantasy.  You know what I mean - one night and upwards of 20 loads.  In the confines of a TIM video, they have the resources and contacts to ensure they get the numbers and can stagger the attendees over hours.  In a group party situation you end up with many tops seemingly waiting for their turn - they either find a vers guy to play with while they are waiting or just get bored.  Unless you've got someone from TIM organising your gang-bang, I doubt you'll be able to fully realise your dreams here.

I think nowadays any regular bb parties would be organised on WhatsApp groups, so that way you limit the invites to those you know would be dependable and trust.  No need to really advertise anymore.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, LetsPOZBreed said:

Also, you have (in the major cities at least) a whole array of bottom boys wanting to play out their "Dawson" fantasy.  You know what I mean - one night and upwards of 20 loads.  In the confines of a TIM video, they have the resources and contacts to ensure they get the numbers and can stagger the attendees over hours.  In a group party situation you end up with many tops seemingly waiting for their turn - they either find a vers guy to play with while they are waiting or just get bored.  Unless you've got someone from TIM organising your gang-bang, I doubt you'll be able to fully realise your dreams here.

Not only this, but you get bottom guys who will outright advertise that “vers guys are accepted but I will be the exclusive bottom”.  Nothing screams ‘selfish asshole’ quite the way that does, to my ear.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, ErosWired said:

Not only this, but you get bottom guys who will outright advertise that “vers guys are accepted but I will be the exclusive bottom”.  Nothing screams ‘selfish asshole’ quite the way that does, to my ear.

@ErosWired, yes.  It's actually unrealistic to believe that any vers boy isn't going to get some bottom action when there's too many men around with hard cocks.  That level of selfishness does put some tops off as well.  I know that if I see that in the invite that it's best to just steer clear.

Guys, if you don’t like guys glued to their phones at clubs like the Vault, just make sure you go on naked nights (eg. Mon and Thurs)!  Phones aren’t allowed, and you have nowhere to put them anyway...

But I think you’ve hit the nail on the head. From time to time, I’ve thought about arranging something in a hotel, but when it comes down to it, I just think “Nah, I’ll go to a club instead”.  It’s just so easy- you pay your money, strip, and get straight down to it.  And when you’ve had enough you leave.  Also, now that Prep has become so ubiquitous, most of the action is bb anyway, so there’s really no need to use bbrt to find like-minded guys.

There’s always horny action going on at these clubs.  I appreciate that it might not be quite the same as a more intimate group at a privately arranged party, but it scratches an itch, and can be extremely horny in its own way.  Although I haven’t matched Dawson’s load count yet, I’m getting up there!  With literally hundreds of horny naked men crammed together in one venue, it’s perfectly possible, just so long as you’re prepared to ‘put out’, as our American friends say.

• Like 1

My point was directed more around guys who don't live somewhere that these type of clubs exist.  I've been to plenty of naked/pants nights where I get fucked by more men than my 18 y/o self would have imagined.  Many American cities, however, don't have these types of cruisy clubs, and the bathhouses/saunas have been closing at alarmingly high rates over the last few years; BBRT parties may be one of the few options left for those living in those regions.   

The point I was really trying to make is that there's no one right or wrong answer to the question.  There can be a host of reasons with where you live only being one factor in the possible answers.

• Upvote 1

I wonder if this experiment could work. Someone organises a party in a city. Max attendance is 15 (5 tops, 5 versatile, 5 bottoms). Donation of $10 required. Venue: someone's home or a hotel that rents rooms by the hour. If you can't make it, you have the option of finding a replacement or receiving a one month ban. Host should try to include a few new guys each time. The money collected covers the room, lube, paper towels, some drinks and light snacks. Leftover funds go to the host. Party starts at 8 pm and ends at 11 pm. Entry only possible from 8 to 9 pm.  Bottoms have 10 potential partners. So do tops. Versatiles have 14 potential partners. If you don't like it, you're only out $10 - but you could end up giving or taking a few loads.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bbzh said:

I wonder if this experiment could work. Someone organises a party in a city. Max attendance is 15 (5 tops, 5 versatile, 5 bottoms). Donation of $10 required. Venue: someone's home or a hotel that rents rooms by the hour. If you can't make it, you have the option of finding a replacement or receiving a one month ban. Host should try to include a few new guys each time. The money collected covers the room, lube, paper towels, some drinks and light snacks. Leftover funds go to the host. Party starts at 8 pm and ends at 11 pm. Entry only possible from 8 to 9 pm.  Bottoms have 10 potential partners. So do tops. Versatiles have 14 potential partners. If you don't like it, you're only out $10 - but you could end up giving or taking a few loads.

I like this idea, but I think the stakes have to be a bit higher for a no-show or not finding a replacement for it to be effective. Limiting the time window is also a good idea. (I like that Laboratory in Berlin have limited entry between 10pm-Midnight as it kinda focuses guys) 

8 hours ago, bbzh said:

I'm all for this idea as well; the trick is not having last minute cancellations where there is a high risk of finding no replacement.  Any penalty at that point should be quite severe.  I say this because I'm part of some other (non-sexual) meetup groups and last-minute cancellations happen all the time.  It's for a sports thing, so it makes numbers uneven and leads to coming up with convoluted solutions to make it work.

Every other idea would be fantastic.  I honestly love the idea of creating a small fuckbuddy group that's distributed evenly between the positions, mix of tops/bttms/vers, for precisely this purpose.  I put it out there before, but only got interest from bottoms - I'm sure they're all nice, but without a top in the group, it was logistically impossible 🙂  

14 hours ago, AirmaxAndy said:

I like this idea, but I think the stakes have to be a bit higher for a no-show or not finding a replacement for it to be effective. Limiting the time window is also a good idea. (I like that Laboratory in Berlin have limited entry between 10pm-Midnight as it kinda focuses guys) 

How about we skip the finding a replacement part and say if you are a no-show, you have to pay $25 (instead of $10) to attend a future party. And if you are a no-show a second time, you are permanently banned from the group. 

Guest BBBoyfromTN

I can’t speak about London, but can for Dallas and I’m seeing the same thing. Other posters have hit on two two valid points and I think there’s a third to mention as well. Mentioned previously was that as more guys are on Prep and out about barebacking there’s less of a stigma which drove guys to BBRT in the first place. That’s why I joined BBRT...I was sick of all the guys on CL who wouldn’t bareback. Fast forward 5, 6, 7 years forward and everyone’s barebacking and most guys don’t give a shit what your status is. There’s also different ways of lining guys up in addition to BBRT, so might see only one response or none and think it’s a dud but they’re lining up guys on apps and other sites. I know I’m on about three group texts or emails on local gang fuck parties that go on from meet ups I’ve been to before. Those are pretty well attended and yeah, it tends to be the same guys over and over again which gets boring but it’s often new bottoms to breed. 

But the bottom line is there’s a finite number of guys interested in this kind of play, be it London or Dallas. Most guys aren’t brazen pigs who like to get naked in front of total strangers to fuck and get fucked bare and anon. Most guys want that one-on-one. Of all the guys I’ve been with only a small percentage ever indicate they’re interested in group stuff and of them most just fantasize about it but can’t or aren’t willing to act on it. Most guys just wanna know more about the guy fucking them and guys who are willing to take cock anon who don’t worry over the consequences like me are pretty rare.