poppers

sirlancelot21

@sirlancelot21 - In terms of the active ingredient, poppers formulations that you can find for sale (in the U.S.) will be one of these:

amyl nitrite (not amyl nitrate, a controlled substance)

isoamyl nitrite

butyl nitrite

isobutyl nitrite

isopropyl nitrite

cyclohexyl nitrite

cyclopentyl nitrite

The only way to know exactly what you’re getting is to read the fine print on the bottle label before you buy. You can’t go by brand, because sometimes different manufacturers sell nearly identical products with different formulas, and even  a single manufacturer may change the formula based on region or supply.

Avoid poppers containing isopropyl nitrite. These have been positively associated with eye damage. Pure cyclohexl and cycopentyl formulas are notorious for headaches, although in mixture with isobutyl nitrite (Super Rush) I have not experienced this.

You don’t say why you can’t use Rush - what specific problem are you having?

Edited by ErosWired
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, tallslenderguy said:

Why can't you do Rush?  Do you have a bad reaction? If you do, chances are you'd have a similar response from other brands, they're all vasodilators.

I get an almost immediate headache. I'm fine with Jungle Juice, Locker Room and Scorpio.