Democrat or Republican?

Londonbear

3 minutes ago, Joga said:

Well, sorry you read my comment and inferred that I was asserting all of that. 

On the contrary. I read your comment and took it for what it was: saying politics and party choices don't matter. They do. One party wants to protect our rights; one wants to strip them away. Republicans don't deserve to get off in a gay man's body when their party is actively working to make that illegal again.

On 2/21/2022 at 4:39 PM, BootmanLA said:

I read your comment and took it for what it was: saying politics and party choices don't matter. 

Yet you prove my point right there. You specifically quoted my line "In my experience, our sex can transcend the bullshit of life." and you then asserted that my statement (and thereby, I) was claiming something you inferred from it.

But to elaborate on your arguments, the "bullshit of life" extends far beyond party line politics; climate change inaction, exploding tech automation and AI, increasingly authoritative digital surveillance, and extreme over-consumption, just to name a few (and both "sides" are guilty of fucking us all). All of what you’re describing with the political landscape and potential for the return to our sex being criminalized, is indeed an awful prospect and not to be flippantly ignored. But to position all Democrats as good guys and all Republicans as bad guys (or vice versa from the other side, for that matter) based on such a narrow scope, and to further censure your brothers who don't absolutely share/support that view, is perpetuating division and hostilities while weakening collective focus on the broader spectrum of interconnected destruction we're all facing. I know my privileges have shielded me from a lot of awfulness in our society, but I’ve absolutely had plenty of my own shit that I’ve survived, as I'm sure you've had your own also (and we definitely have more to come). But the fact is, our world is unraveling, we all know it, and we’re all trying to grieve, cope, and survive.

None of the above invalidates that our sex can be transcendent of this bullshit of life. It’s not an immunity from it, it's literally a means of survival. A similar example is using drugs to transcend the bullshit of life, despite it being illegal depending on the drug and/or state. The risk of being arrested isn’t stopping me from buying and using cannabis for the same reason while living in a state where it’s still illegal. So likewise, if our sex were to become illegal, I would adapt how I go about it, but I would not stop out of fear (and I would do what I can to directly support my community, like I do now through harm reduction for people who use drugs). Bottom line, my lived experience of engaging in our primal sex as a means of temporarily disconnecting from the identities shaped and controlled by our various forms of institutions, that’s transcending the bullshit. 

Again, this is my lived experience, and many others’ also. Take that as you will, but my lived experience isn't debatable, and neither is your's. Any argument to the contrary which attempts to invalidate someone's lived experience, is illegitimate. 

Politics shouldn't have anything to do with sex.

My friend breeds me and we don't know what political party the other follows.

I doubt the sucker or suckee at a glory hole cares if it's a democrat or republican on the other side of the hole.