CHANGES TO USER PERMISSIONS

rawTOP

• Administrators

It's worth mentioning that DrScorpio & I were dealing with frequent spam reports prior to this change, but it's been quite a few days now with zero reports (knock wood). One Russian spammer did try to post to this thread, but that's a completely different problem. But since links are no longer allowed, he accomplished nothing.

Hopefully how things are set up now doesn't feel like punishment for new, legit users (at least not for too long a period).

• Like 2

On 11/12/2019 at 7:57 AM, rawTOP said:

It's not appropriate for new members to rate things. Ratings are supposed to reflect the opinions of the community, and new members haven't proven themselves to be part of the community.

I guess that’s where I’m confused because you said in the other post that new members can rate some things. I was just wanting clarification on that

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Versdc said:

I guess that’s where I’m confused because you said in the other post that new members can rate some things. I was just wanting clarification on that

When I added "Junior Members" I restricted "New Members" further.

Guest Penrithlad1970

I’ve been a member since 2011 and has me listed as a new member.  It’s restricted what I can like and vote on.  Is this permanent or something that is being worked on.   Just curious as I like to vote on the stories that I love reading on here.  

• Administrators
3 hours ago, carlislecdslut said:

I’ve been a member since 2011 and has me listed as a new member.  It’s restricted what I can like and vote on.  Is this permanent or something that is being worked on.   Just curious as I like to vote on the stories that I love reading on here.  

Did you read this thread before commenting? The answers to your questions are in the discussion above.

But that said, it seems to be working as hoped with minimal impact to users who are active on the site. So I don't see changing anything.

Please do not take personally, but the answer is directly above your message.
In your profile your last own contribution shows from year 2014 (!!), shortly before that I joined here and wrote only about 150. Even in this number, there were only 100 responses from other members. These two values increase your reputation and membership rating.

One of the reasons RawTop made those changes in the member groups: The community here is living of these contributions. There were some other issues witch led to it, I'd invite to read the whole thread.

Hope the helped a bit and showed a way to emprove your profile.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/4/2019 at 2:25 PM, rawTOP said:

One change that's been made across the board is that everyone can now delete their own images, galleries and blogs. (I finally got past a problem that was preventing me access to the settings that control that). That will reduce the workload on moderators.

Does this also apply to attachments as there is one I have been wanting to delete.

• Administrators
On 11/23/2019 at 1:34 AM, Cumboi114 said:

Personally I would prefer not be a new member I dont post much but for sure enjoyed the site I berly got in to actually reach out to other members

Well, you're already up to Junior Member, so you didn't have to wait long for that to be resolved!

• Administrators
On 11/22/2019 at 9:18 PM, TTFN said:

Does this also apply to attachments as there is one I have been wanting to delete.

I've just enabled attachment deletion for Members and Senior Members.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.