• Every other day
    • Twice a week
    • Once a week or less

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh! Come on guys...what makes you think that smelling or stinking makes you a "real man"?

Damn! I agree! I'm a man, not a fucking animal. Nothing will turn me off faster than a guy that practices no hygiene. I love to get down and dirty, but I want to be clean to do it.

Then get antiperspirants if you feel deodorants fall in the perfume category. You can get unscented ones. I'm with you, loadme68. We may throw the term pigs around, but we don't go wallow in the mud or walk on all fours the entire time. There's something to be said for personal hygiene. There's a difference between a clean man's natural scent and an un-bathed, unclean scent. Unless you are homeless, you have no reason to reek. I don't want to have to hold my nose or my breath while having sex with a man. I want it to be enjoyable for both of us. End rant....

That's some assumption you're making there: bathe regularly and antiperspirants/deodorants are simply a question of the climate you live in and your natural personal odour (not to mention his personal preferences). I've been asked not to wash for a couple of days before a date and I've had meets that have started with a shower.

There's a lot to be said for personal hygiene, and antiperspirants and antideodorants serve simply to disguise the lack of it. Ride a bike a couple of hundred miles in proper leathers and of course you're going to end up sweaty as hell (in summer at least here in Wales).

For me, it's a standard part of the pre-meeting messaging to ask what level of hygiene he prefers (my arse is always going to be clean as is my dick): shower when I get there, shower before I leave or leave the shower for a few days. The one thing I won't do is smother myself in foul smelling/tasting antiperspirants or antideodorants.

• 1 year later...

You guys who don't shower for a long time should be more considerate of others. It's a lifestyle most people dislike.

I like to feel clean. When I have things to do, interact with other humans, I bath before heading out and in the night before going to bed. As I live in a hot place, specially in summer, I sweat a lot, sometimes I bath 3 times per day, in the morning, in the afternoon when I get back home and in the night before going to bed. If I have nothing to do, won't interact with others, I only bath in the night before going to bed. So, on average, I bath 2 times per day. I have lived in cold areas in winter, when/where there's technically no need to bath so often, yet I still do it, I like to keep good habits whether or not they're justified in X time/place.

As for deodorant/cologne, if I stay in home I use non of them, but every time I go out I use deodorant (mild fragrance one), if it's some quick errand I'll do. If I'll stay long hours doing things/working I use both, but only a little bit of cologne, a mild fragrance one as well. I know many who use lots of extremely heavy and cheap cologne and it makes me sick, it's even worse than plain body odors.

So far, one of the most compliments I've received is because of that, from gays and str8s alike, that they love how I smell.

I shower daily for work reasons and I only use deodorant when I go to work or if I am socializing in a group. If there is going to be sex or the chance of sex I leave the deodorant out, as once years ago a guy who was a regular fuck bud went down on my pits and got a mouth full of deodorant, so I stopped using it for sex. I've never had anyone request that I NOT shower for any length of time prior to sex. Maybe to wear a jock for a week before hand but that's about it.