Does anyone actually respond/follow the bots?

Oldercumslut

I guess I had been living a charmed life or something.  Up until now I hadn't been bothered by the bots.  Recently especially on A4A they have overwhelmed  everything else. A "guy" who calls me handsome and is 6000 miles away and talks about a long term relationship is never anything real.  I've never follow or responded so I really don't have an idea what their purpose is. I'm assuming it's to get an email or a phone number.

My question is, Does anyone actually respond to these things?

On A4A in particular, but also on other app-based sites, I block the person if they're 6,000 miles away and all they have to say is that I'm <fill in the blank>. Invariably their profiles say they're looking for love, they have unrealistic stats, and no reason whatsoever to be targeting a person in as remote a place as where I live.

As for what they're trying to accomplish: it's phishing of some sort. Sooner or later, you'll get a message that says something like "I have more pics of me here" or "I thought this was the funniest thing" or "Is this you in this picture I saw online?" - all with masked links to some site that will download some malware to your phone or computer.

Sometimes they start with the solicitation up front, which makes it easy: report it, then block.