Time for BBRT to reopen the party listings

Truversebb

With widespread vaccine access now available the time has come for those of us that have been responsible during this past year and done or civic duty of getting fully vaxed to be able to cary on with our lives. Before anyone says it, all the evidence is coming back against the notion of fully vaxed people being spreaders. Yes, this was an unknown earlier on. So BBRT, if you are reading this please open up the party listings again! What say you all!?

While I am doing my civic duty as well (my second jab is in 2 weeks), we can't rely on everyone else to do the same.  I don't thing BBRT is yet ready to open this back up and potentially opening up the floodgates again.  At least not until there's a higher percentage of people getting jabbed globally.  I also don't think they can open it region by region, so there may also be concern about some countries not being anywhere near the threshold for immunity that could justify it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LetsPOZBreed said:

While I am doing my civic duty as well (my second jab is in 2 weeks), we can't rely on everyone else to do the same.  I don't thing BBRT is yet ready to open this back up and potentially opening up the floodgates again.  At least not until there's a higher percentage of people getting jabbed globally.  I also don't think they can open it region by region, so there may also be concern about some countries not being anywhere near the threshold for immunity that could justify it.  

I think we're a ways away from seeing those kinds of promotions, for good reason. Once they're up, it will be seen (rightly or wrongly) as an endorsement of their safety (at least with respect to Covid-19). And frankly, given the overall level of vaccination and testing and so forth out there, they simply aren't safe.

It's important to think of safety, in this context, as a spectrum. While it's probably reasonably safe, for instance, for a vaccinated person to go to a restaurant where there are still some social distancing seating rules in place, and where the employees likely wear masks, it's probably not safe at all to attend a crowded concert where people are packed in next to one another with no distancing. And while we could hope that unvaccinated people (those who plan to be vaccinated, but haven't yet for whatever reason, at least) would stay home to protect themselves and others, that's not something we can count on with strangers at a sex event.

One of the things I remember really clearly from the mid-80's when we finally started talking about HIV and AIDS was a commercial showing what people were thinking while getting ready for sex. One guy was thinking "He hasn't asked me about my status or asked me to use a condom, so he must be poz too" while the other is thinking "He hasn't asked me about my status or asked me to use a condom, so he must be negative too." Factor in that people often don't know whether they've contracted the SARS-CoV-2 virus, much less know whether they're contagious or not; factor in the pent-up desire people have for sex after perhaps months on end without it; and you've got a recipe for significant outbreaks among a chunk of the population.

Look at the number of irresponsible asswipes on this site who've bragged about all the sex they've been having with rando strangers throughout this entire pandemic. If you don't think those sociopaths would happily waltz into a sex party advertised on BBRT, even if they DID know they were full-blown Covid-contagious, you don't know gay men. There are quite a few - a minority, probably, but not an insignificant one - who are precisely that self-centered.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Truversebb said:

I don’t see any reason why a BB party can’t have a mandatory vaccination requirement?

But how would that be tracked, though?  Certainly you couldn't leave that up to hosts (either they wouldn't want to do it, or it would just be too cumbersome and not worth the effort).  And having BBRT manage it would be problematic as well; I doubt some guys would want to hand over their personal health data to a hookup website.  

• Upvote 1

I can see arguments both ways, but... whether BBRT allows the advertising or not, I am sure people are meeting anyway. I've seen guys using the regional hookup ad section advertising for multiple partners/groups regularly. It seems that turning off the party section isn't really stopping people.

• Upvote 1

That may be, but I think BBRT might be taking the view that the regional "Connect Now" (or whatever it's called now) is for one-2-one meets.  The group section is unequivocally used for groups that run afoul of the max sizes allowed under restrictions in many places.  It only takes some bad press of an outbreak coming from the group section of that site that would lead to all kinds of headaches for the site owners; therefore, they are going to air on the side of caution for the forseeable future.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Truversebb said:

I don’t see any reason why a BB party can’t have a mandatory vaccination requirement?

3 hours ago, FelchingPisser said:

I can see showing the picture of my vaccination card that I have in the photo gallery on my phone to the host as he answers the door.

The problem is that unlike government-issued ID's, a vaccine card is easy to fake and virtually impossible to verify.

• Upvote 1

Even if there was some trustworthy sort of vaccine passport issued by governments, I seriously doubt that BBRT would be interested in becoming an enforcer of government health policies. (That is, if it was even able to do that.)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BootmanLA said:

The problem is that unlike government-issued ID's, a vaccine card is easy to fake and virtually impossible to verify.

I don’t see how BBRT has any obligation to enforce anything. They are not having a party. A member is. 

I always felt that there was a real sense of irony that they removed this feature (temporarily). I get that they more than likely did so for legal reasons but for a site that is specifically for men who want bareback sex, who want breeding, to do so is just funny to me. Potentially helping the spread of STDs is fine, No problems there, that is simply A-Okay in their book. Spreading covid though? That is the line they will not cross! It's so eyerolling.

8 hours ago, Truversebb said:

Agree. There are hundreds places/businesses/attractions across multiple countries and across multiple industries that have reopened those who wish to go/attend/travel/etc using those services must show vaccinations records or proof of a negative covid test with the last 48-72 hours. Don’t see any reason why this cannot be applied consistently to other organizations/events. 

1 hour ago, UpstateNYexplorer said:

I always felt that there was a real sense of irony that they removed this feature (temporarily). I get that they more than likely did so for legal reasons but for a site that is specifically for men who want bareback sex, who want breeding, to do so is just funny to me. Potentially helping the spread of STDs is fine, No problems there, that is simply A-Okay in their book. Spreading covid though? That is the line they will not cross! It's so eyerolling.

If you are unaware of the rapidity with which Covid can incapacitate and/or kill people, when there is still no guaranteed effective treatment, unlike (for instance, HIV and most other STI's), then perhaps some education is in order.