Marvel Vs DC ? 😀

Carlos1881

I enjoy both really, although I find myself generally gravitating towards more of Marvels characters than I do DC. I struggle to find enjoyment with characters like Aquaman, Superman or the Green Lanterns in the same way I struggled to identify with Captain America until the MCU won me over.

Marvel definitely puts out the better live-action films, but DC has Marvel beat when it comes to animation. Both companies are well away from their comic hey-days and really need to strip back to telling good stories, not just perpetually working up to the next big crossover event.

• Like 1

Iron Man and Batman? Are you kidding? Take Stark out of his armor and what have you got? Take Wayne out of his cowl, belt and cape and you’ve still got a man who could kick ass all over Gotham. And I was never a big fan of either one, so I’m not playing favorites there.

I was never a big Flash follower either, but I have always thought Marvel did a relatively poor job with speed-powered characters, while DC developed a near-mythology around the Speed Force and used it as the foundation for a number of strong characters.

I followed both lines for years, but always found Marvel a little dark and gritty for my taste. And for a character who is supposed to be super-relatable for the average guy, I could never get into Spider-Man at all. That being said, as a kid I did once paint a frisbee with stars and stripes, strap it to my arm and run outdoors as Captain America. (That makes me laugh. I did not then have, and have never had, a physique that would have made me look anything but ridiculous doing that. My heart might have fit the part, It’s been a very long time since I was that innocent.)

I always thought DC had stronger teams, as teams. Marvel teams never seem to quite congeal properly - there always seems to be a disruptive or divisive element among them. And the Fantastic Four - what was that all ever about? Give me the League of Super Heroes, or even the Justice Society for a little retro action.

Doctor Strange, I grant you, is a badass... but then so is Dr. Fate.

Maybe a better question is which has the better villains? Darkseid or Thanatos? If I had to say which line was more likely to have villains who would gang-rape a guy in an alley... yeah, that’d be Marvel.

I’m 97+% a Marvel guy. The MCU is much more developed and cinematically has overtaken DC in such a way that it is impossible for them to even come close to rising to the top. 
But…
DC’s Doom Patrol! Huge fan. Print and televised series. 

Edited by IcemanCummeTh

I have to go with Marvel as a whole in regard to comics, movies, and TV shows.

DC has a few notable pieces and parts. DC had some good individual characters, but they got them from buying Wildstorm and then promptly turned them into jokes. But I do have to give props to DC's TV shows, at least the shows as they were a few years back, today they are pretty much teen dramas or pushing agendas which I no longer tune in to watch. As others have mentioned, DC does have good animated movies.

But in the end, Marvel wins in my book.