Do safe sex bottoms get fucked much?

rawTOP

• Administrators

This may be a dumb question - but since there are so many bottoms that are willing to take raw dick, and barebacking isn't terribly risky for tops - how in the hell do safe sex bottoms get dick? I can't imagine strict safe sex bottoms get fucked all that much... Why would a top put on a condom when he could go raw and there are so many bottoms willing to take his load?

If you were a safe sex bottom not all that long ago or you have friends who are safe sex bottoms who talk to you about their sex lives - I'm curious to hear whether safe sex bottoms actually manage to get dick. It's gotta be A LOT harder than it is for bareback bottoms.

actually theres plenty of tops who swear by the condom. For several years I used condoms (altho found myself fantasizing about doing it raw) and never really had trouble hooking up with a top who wanted to / agreed to use a condom.

I guess once you kinda fall in love with barebacking you start losing the ability to understand why anyone would ever even choose to use a condom. there are also a lot of misinformed people out there. While it's possible to contract std's while topping bare, it's less likely than when bottoming...now what they taught my generation in school is: IF YOU DICK TOUCHES THEIR NAKED SKIN ANYWHERE EVEN FOR A SECOND YOU WILL DIE OF AIDS. haha guess the scare tactic didnt work out so well on some of us :)

I think it varies from region to region, culture to culture. It is only since joining this site that I became aware that BB Tops are at only slighter greater risk of HIV infection than safe sex bottoms ( based on data supplied by rawTOP ). I don't think that info has seeped very far into the larger gay community yet, so there are plenty of safe sex Tops around ( at least in the U.K. ). I had plenty of sex when I was a safe sex bottom.

If the data supplied by rawTOP becomes more generally known, I think it has major implications for the future of barebacking. In a gay population where bottoms outnumber true Tops in a ratio of around 8:1, Tops get to set the rules. Once Tops realize that BB Topping is relatively low risk, many may decide that it's a risk worth taking. Look how many guys smoke or drive fast cars. In a situation where bottoms compete for the few Tops available, bottoms who enjoy getting fucked regularly will learn to give Tops what they want. I can see BB becoming the norm given those pressures over time.

• 1 year later...
This may be a dumb question - but since there are so many bottoms that are willing to take raw dick, and barebacking isn't terribly risky for tops - how in the hell do safe sex bottoms get dick? I can't imagine strict safe sex bottoms get fucked all that much... Why would a top put on a condom when he could go raw and there are so many bottoms willing to take his load?

If you were a safe sex bottom not all that long ago or you have friends who are safe sex bottoms who talk to you about their sex lives - I'm curious to hear whether safe sex bottoms actually manage to get dick. It's gotta be A LOT harder than it is for bareback bottoms.

They're the guys whose lives play out like a Sean Cody video. They get laid SOLEY based on their looks. And it's usually by small dicked tops that can't fuck--but are drop dead gorgeous.

Probably not difficult. I don't bb with new guys and quite frankly don't meet guys that bb regularly (only fuck bb with trusted friends) and to differenciate between bb and people that use condoms, I always ask bottom if they bb, and I never have any problems finding a bottom that doesn't bb

I think it varies from region to region. In the Fort Lauderdale/Miami area, most tops seemed to just expect bareback (condoms weren't discussed, it was just assumed we'd fuck bare), and I don't really remember any tops insisting on condoms (some tops wanted to see a recent Neg HIV test before going bareback though).

Up here in MA, barebacking is more taboo, and a LOT of guys will run away screaming if you even ask them about fucking bare.

actually theres plenty of tops who swear by the condom. For several years I used condoms (altho found myself fantasizing about doing it raw) and never really had trouble hooking up with a top who wanted to / agreed to use a condom.

I guess once you kinda fall in love with barebacking you start losing the ability to understand why anyone would ever even choose to use a condom. there are also a lot of misinformed people out there. While it's possible to contract std's while topping bare, it's less likely than when bottoming...now what they taught my generation in school is: IF YOU DICK TOUCHES THEIR NAKED SKIN ANYWHERE EVEN FOR A SECOND YOU WILL DIE OF AIDS. haha guess the scare tactic didnt work out so well on some of us :)

You hit it.

I used condoms since I was 18 and just stopped recently. I got plenty of dick and got fucked plenty of times safely. I would be overcautious sometimes and check the guy and make sure he was wearing a condom. Even when I barebacked with trusted partners I still would only use condoms for others and enjoy it and get plenty of sex. Maybe it's just my area but it's pretty much 50/50 with condoms bare. Most guys do prefer bare but won't admit it. But there are enough in my area that live it bare. And the ones with the condoms...there are a good amount of men who wear condoms always and don't have a problem with it. But there are also a lot who use condoms but wish they did not but do it anyways and bareback maybe every full blue moon.

I do think back now and wonder how I ever enjoyed it with the condoms. I did get stealthed twice though now that I think about it. I don't think a safe sex bottom will ever go through life without getting stealthed once.

I am in Berlin right now for Folsom. Although I am mostly bottom, I become versatile around other pigs.

Last night, I went to fuck this cub and he reached for a condom. I said no and walked off. Minutes later, I bent over and was fucked raw by a daddy type. The daddy later fucked the cub raw. I thought hmm the cub has faulty logic. He is afraid of my dick but the daddy's dick is ok even if he doesn't know where it's been? LOL

I had another bottom ask me to rubber up. I also said no. Then I fucked two other bottoms raw and gave them both loads.

As long as there is another bottom a few feet away willing to take my bare cock, I will never wear a condom for a bottom no matter how hot he is.

• 4 weeks later...

i doesn't make much difference to me. i'll happily fuck safe if i'm into the bottom, but usually only if they ask for it. i don't tend to fuck as long when sheathed because it doesn't feel as good. that said, in the last year, i've picked up a fair share of non-hiv stds barebacking, mostly from guys under 25. i've been to the doctor this year more than i have in the last ten years. it is expensive and time consuming, and calling all the guys you've fucked recently to deliver the news isn't so much fun. after a particularly difficult case of oral gonorrhea i've thought more recently about going safer again.

Depends on the demographic. In college, everyone I fucked or got fucked by always had condoms. It wasn't even a discussion. In my experience older guys are more likely to want to fuck bare. This may not be true in general, or in other places, but hell if I told myself 5 years ago that I would let a hookup fuck me bare I wouldn't believe it.

i got top buddies i known for years, that BB all thier life..neg still...amoung those neg bb tops i know, they all make sure to piss after sex...clean it out. It must make a difference. Tops that poz, some get it from a cumfilled pig, others abrasions, etc.. Bears and older guys fuck bare more i think..cuz we been there and got tired of fucking in a plastic baggie..

I started BB at 19 -not exclusively- but by the time i was 22 i was going mostly raw.