Would I eventually become poz, sooner or later?

18 hours ago, Kimberley said:

That's indeed a funny thing. before i started prep i also had never a STD, while i had expose myself much enough to unprotected sex. when i started with prep the STD's suddenly where coming very quickly and often. maybe because i have no standards any more and just letting everyone bareback me. 1 thing fore sure, if i was not on prep i know i was poz now for sure

How do you time prep as you don't know when you're going to take a cock. I feel prep doesn't help with the impromptu bareback sex. Maybe I'm wrong.

2 minutes ago, freeusebottom said:

How do you time prep as you don't know when you're going to take a cock. I feel prep doesn't help with the impromptu bareback sex. Maybe I'm wrong.

I have switched swallowing prep from on-demand to daily. this helps me to take any cock unplanned. (besides that, i was started taking multiple raw loads almost each day, so daily was the better option)

32 minutes ago, Kimberley said:

I have switched swallowing prep from on-demand to daily. this helps me to take any cock unplanned. (besides that, i was started taking multiple raw loads almost each day, so daily was the better option)

Does taking prep having any side effects? I'm going to start taking prep from January when I move to Berlin. But not sure if I'll have that much sex.

2 minutes ago, freeusebottom said:

Does taking prep having any side effects? I'm going to start taking prep from January when I move to Berlin. But not sure if I'll have that much sex.

I had some side effects when i used prep on-demand. headache, nauseous tired etc. when i was switching to daily the side effects where gone in just 2 a 3 weeks. since then i have no side effects at all

Just make sure you get your blood tested every 3 months, was on prep and it affected m  liver and kidney levels, had to stop takeing it. This does not happen to everyone but other than that no side effects.

Edited by str8mature5
spelling

5 hours ago, freeusebottom said:

I take it on demand. I found out that I have no side effects when I take it at lunch time with Food. 

10 hours ago, freeusebottom said:

This has been discussed elsewhere in this forum, but basically: you take a double dose of the PrEP medication anywhere from 2 to 24 hours before you have sex. Obviously that means you have to plan ahead at least slightly - it won't work if you take it and have sex in the next 2 hours - but apparently the levels in your system after two hours are enough to ward off initial infection from the sex.

THEN, you also take a single dose 24 hours after the sex itself, and another dose 24 hours after that. So, for instance, if you plan on having raw sex sometime after 8 PM on Saturday, you'd take the double dose before 6 PM. If you actually take the loads around, say, 10 PM, you'd take another dose at 10 PM Sunday and again at 10 PM Monday.

Apparently, the double dose wards off the initial infection, and the subsequent doses keep the level of the medication high enough in your system to catch any straggler HIV virus particles.

I would think, though, that it's harder to remember the time you need to take the subsequent doses - or harder to time them if you had multiple loads over, say, a 3-hour period. Whereas if you take it daily, at more or less the same time each day, you don't have to worry about remembering the details of the sex - especially if you weren't looking at your watch as you got loaded.

10 hours ago, freeusebottom said:

I am taking PreP now since like October 2019 daily, with very little pauses.

10 hours ago, Kimberley said:

I had some side effects when i used prep on-demand. headache, nauseous tired etc. when i was switching to daily the side effects where gone in just 2 a 3 weeks. since then i have no side effects at all

I can agree, I didnt feel strong side effects in the beginning, but they were gone quickly if you take PreP regularly/daily

And you can take cock anytime without worrying

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, nils99-BB said:

And you can take cock anytime without worrying

This.. happend couple of times i had a unexpected sexdate, not take prep that day and ended up with a guy that was barebacking me (both no condoms with us you know how it goes) i thought i can trust that guy. but that is really the most stupid thing you can do to trust someone and thinking it will be alright i can do him without prep. then i thought i really need to switch to daily because this can't happend any longer to take that risk again

• Upvote 2