Likely Gonnorrhea Infection

Hey guys, I've been on this forum for awhile and always crave raw uninhibited sex. I'm on prep and don't have any concerns about sero-conversion or hiv at all, so this site has really helped me to embrace my true desires of only having "unsafe" sex. 

(if you don't want the details, skip this paragraph) 

Anyways, as part of my normal horny inclination, I found a listing of a horny bottom guy in his 50s on DoubleList and had some time Friday afternoon to go by his place and have some hot bareback sex with him, no talk of status or infection and we both enjoyed it quite a lot. First, we made out, followed by sucking each other's cocks and finally I shoved my cock in his ass, humping hard and raw until I came deep in him. 

(end of sex stuff) 

That interaction was Friday. This would be a normal interaction for me, involving any kind of unprotected sexual contact with my dick and someone else's ass / mouth (since most older guys I hook up with all seem to be bottoms, but I am fully versatile) and I've never had an STD before. Well, this morning (Sunday, 2 days since exposure) I woke up to pee and felt some irritation and burning when I did so. I got horny as I do in the mornings and started jerking off, assuming the discomfort was from the long jerk off session I'd had last night. When I came, I felt the burning again. Later, we went swimming, and as I pulled off my swimming briefs after leaving the creek, I noticed some weird stains on the inside lining. Now, since changing to some standard white cotton briefs after drying off, I noticed some greenish yellowish discharge on those too. Maybe unrelated, but since finishing swimming, I also have a sore throat. Normally, STDs don't manifest this fast or so i thought, but apparently gonorrhea can show up within the first few days. But otherwise I guess it could be a UTI? 

I was nervous at first, but I reminded myself I was fully aware and accepting of getting a (fairly mild) STD. So, I guess it is more like, for the topic of this forum, this is my "first time" or I am part of the "gay STD" club here since so many guys get turned on by that. But I have seen some varying reports and I had a lot of questions about my first time getting (presumably) gonorrhea. 

1. How soon can I get tested? Since I'm symptomatic, I would think it could show on a test, but I have seen one site say it needs to wait 5 days. 

2. If we assume I have gonorrhea in every place I can have it, should I be concerned about kissing my partner and transmitting it that way or even offering oral sex? (We are open and he is aware of me being a cum craving slut. He has had an STD before from someone else that didnt transmit to me at the time.) 

3. Should I use any special treatments to get the apparent discharge out of my clothes? Is normal soap fine? 

4. Do you guys have any home remedies to reduce irritation in the meantime before I can get some antibiotics. 

5. Finally, am I right to go ahead and assume this is in fact gonorrhea or does it sound like it could be a UTI or something else? 

Are there any other things any of you guys can tell me about getting gonno and how you've dealt with it in the past? 

Anyways, this was inevitable, and while it's uncomfortable, I'm glad to finally have experience with an STD (so to say) under my belt so I can help others who have questions in the future. 

Also as a side note, I am already in contact with my hookup from yesterday and he said he would get tested, despite having zero symptoms otherwise. 

Thanks for any info you guys can give me. Will be hopefully going to the doctor soon to get this sorted out.

From my experience, in answer to your questions 1. it would show up with tests.

2. from what U said about your sex session I would expect that you could easily pass it on to your partner , especially with oral sex.

3. normal washing 4. some on here recommend taking amoxicillin or equivalent daily.. but is the dose sufficient to clear your problem - I don't think so.  5. sounds like gono to me 

Doctors are used to seeing it..

Sounds like Gono...infection can present itself anywhere up to 14 days after exposure. Just for your info, a normal Gono blood test will only show a cock infction. Since you say you topped the slut, that's probably what you have. If you did any cock sucking you probably have a Gono infection of the throat...a throat swab test ids necessary...a regular gono blood test will probably cum out Negative (false). If you bottomed, an ass swab is necessary. A normal Gono blood test will often read negative if you oral or anal Gono. Straight docs often don't swab...! Get tested, blood and swabs!!! Get the shot...hurts like fuck...take the oral antobiotic also...get better...and go out and fuck some more!!! 

• Upvote 1

1, 2, 4, 5:
See a doctor, explain your symptoms, what you've done and ask if it's a good idea to get tested. 
You'll probably be tested for other STI's as well, a lot can be asymptomatic.  
Ask her or him (the doctor) your medical questions.

On a side-note:
Why use this forum for medical information when you're already on PrEP and regularly see a doctor as part of the program that should include regularly getting tested for other STI's and checking how your body responds to the medication?

3:
I'd pre-treat the stain with a stain-remover.
You're probably fine using the hot water cycle on your washing machine (130 F in US or 60 C en UK/Europe) and yes: with regular laundry-soap as that'll kill most of the germs, bacteria etc.

Consider burning your undies if that feels better. 😈

Edited by Guest

• 3 months later...

Update: so I got treated for gonno with a shot and a pill, but that wasn't good enough. Had to come back a week later and take a 10 day regimen of doxy after they told me it was not gonno. So it must have been a UTI. It really hurt but it did get better. Now I am taking doxy again because I just tested positive for rectal chlamydia and I don't even have any symptoms whatsoever. 

7 hours ago, TonyBear said:

Update: so I got treated for gonno with a shot and a pill, but that wasn't good enough. Had to come back a week later and take a 10 day regimen of doxy after they told me it was not gonno. So it must have been a UTI. It really hurt but it did get better. Now I am taking doxy again because I just tested positive for rectal chlamydia and I don't even have any symptoms whatsoever. 

I'm lost...  but I'm only from The Netherlands, where you only get treatment after tests actually tell the prescribing physician what kind of infection or STD you have.

Now you've tested positive on anal chlamydia it's good you're being treated for it.

But I'm confused about why the 'Doxy' you're on now again, didn't clear it up when you took it for the previous 10 days.
And I'm also wondering why you prescribed the Doxy in the first place. There where no test-results then if I understand you correctly.
I'm totally bewildered you got medicines - the shot and the pill - for gono you didn't actually have.

Could you or somebody else explain this difference between European and US medicine pls? Or is just a huge cock-up?

13 minutes ago, BareLover666 said:

Could you or somebody else explain this difference between European and US medicine pls? Or is just a huge cock-up?

It's not unusual in the United States to get treated for a suspected STD pending verification of the disease thru tests, or they may not test at all. Usually when a doctor sees enough symptoms to believe that you have a specific disease, they will treat you for that disease, with the exception of a few diseases they won't treat until you have a positive test. Usually this only happens when the treatment medication is expensive, or if the treatment medication carries its own set of risks. In some instances, they don't run tests at all, in others they run tests and provide medication pending the results, and in others they only run tests if the treatment doesn't cure the infection. For example, here in the US most doctors will immediately treat you if you suspect you have Syphilis or have been exposed to it and run tests as well, but the treatment is a single shot so you're treated even if the results come back negative. 

Is medication harder to get in the Netherlands? Is it a cost issue, or an availability issue, or is that just how universal healthcare works?

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Close2MyBro said:

Is medication harder to get in the Netherlands? Is it a cost issue, or an availability issue, or is that just how universal healthcare works?

Not sure.
I do know medical guid-lines are not depended on the fact if the healthcare system covers the treatment plans. For instance, on the one hand PrEP is part of the guide-lines but the cost of the medication itself is never covered by insurance. 
Somewhere I read that compared to other (European) countries Dutch doctors are less likely to prescribe anti-biotics to limit creating drug-resistant strains of bacteria. 

Not saying ours is the best system, I'm not happy with a lot of things.

But stil feel what happened to @TonyBear seems weird at least.
- Treatment for Gono, a pill and a shot; (After seeing a doctor for symptoms that could indicate an STI/STD);
- 10 days of 'doxy' after a week. (Not gono, he thinks it was for an urinary infections but he wasn't told, or he would be sure);   (17 days after being seen by a doctor);
- It cleared up, he tells us;
- Results get in, @TonyBear apparently has anal chlamydia and has to again go on the same medication he got for the UTI.   (about 3 weeks after seeing a doctor?).

I'm glad you mention Syfilis as that one is often not clearly recognised as what it is, and often not even as an STD. If it had been Syf that's a long time to not be treated or being treated with the wrong medication. It seems sensible to test in the first week. Him getting the gono treatment is not a problem. The rest sounds... messy.

41 minutes ago, BareLover666 said:

- Treatment for Gono, a pill and a shot; (After seeing a doctor for symptoms that could indicate an STI/STD);
- 10 days of 'doxy' after a week. (Not gono, he thinks it was for an urinary infections but he wasn't told, or he would be sure);   (17 days after being seen by a doctor);
- Results get in, @TonyBear apparently has anal chlamydia and has to again go on the same medication he got for the UTI.   (about 3 weeks after seeing a doctor?).

I'm glad you mention Syfilis as that one is often not clearly recognised as what it is, and often not even as an STD. If it had been Syf that's a long time to not be treated or being treated with the wrong medication. It seems sensible to test in the first week. Him getting the gono treatment is not a problem. The rest sounds... messy.

If it was gono, he shoud have seen it clear up in a couple of days after getting he shot. Since it didn't the doctor knew it wasn't gono, and prescribed doxy, which is a broad spectrum antiobotic that is effective at killing bacteria in the urinary tract and other mucus membrane areas as well. The second dose was probably overkill. If he had it when he started the first dose of doxy, he wouldn't need the second dose. That's really the only part that doesn't make sense to me. I think our US system tries to be more preventative when the cost of treatment is inexpensive. The "Obamacare" program actually mandates that insurance companies provide annual physicals at no charge, as well as other preventative treatment measures, again, at no charge.

5 hours ago, BareLover666 said:

Not sure.
I do know medical guid-lines are not depended on the fact if the healthcare system covers the treatment plans. For instance, on the one hand PrEP is part of the guide-lines but the cost of the medication itself is never covered by insurance. 
Somewhere I read that compared to other (European) countries Dutch doctors are less likely to prescribe anti-biotics to limit creating drug-resistant strains of bacteria. 

Not saying ours is the best system, I'm not happy with a lot of things.

So, the first dose of doxycycline was prescribed when I made this post in august. It cleared up the UTI when I had a negative test for gono anyway. 

Then, 3 months later, I've been getting fucked by multiple tops since then and enjoying my sex life symptom free. Though I get tested every 3 months now so since it's been 3 months, the results came back and now I have since contracted anal chlamydia, not gonno. This is after I cleared my UTI with the same antibiotic just 3 months ago. That's why I had two different doses 3 months apart.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Close2MyBro said:

If it was gono, he shoud have seen it clear up in a couple of days after getting he shot. Since it didn't the doctor knew it wasn't gono, and prescribed doxy, which is a broad spectrum antiobotic that is effective at killing bacteria in the urinary tract and other mucus membrane areas as well.

Not necessarily. Just because the shot didn’t clear it doesn’t mean it wasn’t gonorrhea; it only means it wasn’t gonorrhea susceptible to the medication. Resistant strains of gonorrhea are becoming more common and may not respond to a standard round of medication.

2 minutes ago, ErosWired said:

Not necessarily. Just because the shot didn’t clear it doesn’t mean it wasn’t gonorrhea; it only means it wasn’t gonorrhea susceptible to the medication. Resistant strains of gonorrhea are becoming more common and may not respond to a standard round of medication.

Dude I literally tested negative for gono the day I got the shot for being "symptomatic". It was just a UTI and it went away with doxycycline.

1 hour ago, TonyBear said:

Dude I literally tested negative for gono the day I got the shot for being "symptomatic". It was just a UTI and it went away with doxycycline.

I didn’t mean to address the comment to your case specifically, only to expand on the other poster’s comment about the doctor drawing a conclusion of negativity from whether a treatment worked. I have previously had a case of gono that did not respond to first-line treatment, but my doctor didn’t draw a conclusion on the basis of that that I didn’t have gono.

3 hours ago, ErosWired said:

I didn’t mean to address the comment to your case specifically, only to expand on the other poster’s comment about the doctor drawing a conclusion of negativity from whether a treatment worked. I have previously had a case of gono that did not respond to first-line treatment, but my doctor didn’t draw a conclusion on the basis of that that I didn’t have gono.

Was the gono in your cock or ass?

Edited by Safer