NBN/SBN have a new venue -open tonight

Littlebill77

• 2 weeks later...

I went on Sunday.  It now takes place inside the Covent Garden Health Spa, which is one of London’s more ‘upmarket’ gay saunas, and isn’t bad as far as saunas go.  It’s not massive, but bigger than I remembered.

Same old SBN vibe pretty much- a lot of faces/cocks I recognized from the old pre-pandemic days at the Union.  Hard to say how many guys were there, probably only about 100, but felt crowded due to the smaller size of the venue.

Biggest downside was the heat- by 5:00pm it was becoming unbearable, and guys were leaving.  And an extraordinary amount of lube everywhere, so much that the floor became so slippery in parts it was hard to gain enough traction for a good fuck. Other downside was cost of drinks: £6.00 for a bottle of beer.

On the upside, there are more fuck benches/beds than at Union, as well as private cubicles.  There are also showers, which I was in dire need of by the end of play, simply to wash off all the lube that had smeared itself all over my body (hiring a towel costs extra, but I simply used a discarded one- no point getting prissy about a used towel, given how many bodily fluids had been exchanged by that point).  No douching facilities of course (and only 2 crappers), but they’re a rare luxury in London anyway.

I’ve mixed feelings about the new venue, can’t decide if I like it or not.  I’m going again this Sunday to see if I can make up my mind.  At least it’s in a better part of London, for me at least.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Spunkinmyarse said:

I went on Sunday.  It now takes place inside the Covent Garden Health Spa, which is one of London’s more ‘upmarket’ gay saunas, and isn’t bad as far as saunas go.  It’s not massive, but bigger than I remembered.

Same old SBN vibe pretty much- a lot of faces/cocks I recognized from the old pre-pandemic days at the Union.  Hard to say how many guys were there, probably only about 100, but felt crowded due to the smaller size of the venue.

Biggest downside was the heat- by 5:00pm it was becoming unbearable, and guys were leaving.  And an extraordinary amount of lube everywhere, so much that the floor became so slippery in parts it was hard to gain enough traction for a good fuck. Other downside was cost of drinks: £6.00 for a bottle of beer.

On the upside, there are more fuck benches/beds than at Union, as well as private cubicles.  There are also showers, which I was in dire need of by the end of play, simply to wash off all the lube that had smeared itself all over my body (hiring a towel costs extra, but I simply used a discarded one- no point getting prissy about a used towel, given how many bodily fluids had been exchanged by that point).  No douching facilities of course (and only 2 crappers), but they’re a rare luxury in London anyway.

I’ve mixed feelings about the new venue, can’t decide if I like it or not.  I’m going again this Sunday to see if I can make up my mind.  At least it’s in a better part of London, for me at least.

Thanks for your posting. V helpful to someone like me who hasn't been to SBN at that venue before. I've been to SBN at Vauxhall and the sauna but not at the same time if that makes sense.  I'm aiming to go later on this month. Usually been going to the Vault which is, to my mind, good value for fucks per pound spent on getting in! 

• 2 weeks later...

I went last Sunday and had a great time. I think there were about 150 to 200 guys there. Plenty of action once things warmed up. I placed myself on one of the fuck benches near the pool, arse up, and took about a dozen cocks whilst I was there. I'm not totally sure about the  show at 5pm but it gave guys a chance to have a breather and get a 2nd wind for more action when it finished. 

I'd certainly go again at this venue. It pays to arrive promptly as the entry procedure with queues and checks of Covid status do take a while. 

Recommended. 

• 1 month later...

So I went here back on august 22nd

First time at this venue.

Compared with normal Covent Garden, sauna doors were open to make for one continuous space (with the wet and dry saunas being dark rooms of sorts.)

some more slings slung about abs generally the lighting is lower.

I’ll put the negatives first, because the final positive will have me going back again and again

-ve the flow through the sauna is poor - bottlenecks badly just near those two bench-beds on the right hand side on the way to the private rooms (not much to be done here.)

-ve mega negative was the way the private rooms were used. SBN is a celebration of fucking - please do what cumunion do - pin back the doors on the private rooms for the event. Otherwise it’s too much like a really really busy sauna, nice but meh. I enjoy watching particularly between my own bouts. 

ok positives 

fantastic staff (others have complained but not me; staff were charming.)

paying at the end is great (no carrying g around cash equiv in your sock like at Union)

and the absolute winner

getting a towel and having a shower and leaving clean and fresh for the train journey home.

would highly recommend.

• 8 months later...

I know it's now at Union, but I've never been. Last time I went to SBN it was in The Hoist. 

What's it like there these days? What sort of number of guys on average? I assume Union is massive. From a practical point of view, what are the various facilities like?

Hoping to get there sooner rather than later to see how much of a cumdump I can be!