Unable to upload gifs

I keep getting this message for small gifs.

1 file was larger than the maximum file size of 1,024kB, and was skipped

Strange as they are smaller than this, anyway I copied a previous Gif from my gallery that had  been accepted previously on this site and now it says

1 file was larger than the maximum file size of 1,024kB, and was skipped. And it will not accept any of my previous uploads?

Has something changed?

7 hours ago, puphawaii said:

are you uploading multiple files - pictures and/or gifs at the same time?   if so try 1 at a time .. go out .. then go back in and add 1 more .. takes longer but maybe it's overwhelming the system if you upload more than 1 file at a time?   just a thought .. 

Thanks Pup, no individually. Even gifs I have in my folders on here, i had reused to try it and it wont let me reload. 

• 2 weeks later...

There have been some site software updates lately so maybe they don't like the header information in the GIFs.  I just tried to upload a simple GIF from GIMP and it worked fine.  I would suggest that you try opening a GIF that is giving you problems in some graphic editor (MS Paint, Paint 3d, GIMP, etc) and do a save-as to a new filename and trying to upload that.  Good luck!

• Thanks 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.