Ft. Lauderdale during Pig Week

Hi all. I and my bf will be travelling in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale during Thanksgiving time for the first time from Munich Germany. Would love to get some tips of what to do and where to have fun.

We will be staying at Axel in Miami till 28th Nov (Sun), and then head to Ft Lauderdale till 4th Dec (Sat).

• Should I just follow the most party agenda of Pig Week events?
  • I arrive on Sunday afternoon. It is still worth it to buy Dog Tag?
  • I assume pigs organize private sex parties via Grindr? or what other apps?
  • We are staying at Worthington. I hope it is ok and fun with many guys.  🙂

Any advises are welcomed.    Thanks.

Mark

Slammers is fun.  It's not a typical bathhouse.  They now have showers, but bring your own towel, or buy one there.  Sadly I've heard that Eagle no longer a place fir sex.

I wouldn't worry too much, plenty of fun to be had at Pig Week!

• Upvote 1

Ft. Lauderdale- Pig Week and its 2 weeks  really will have tons of parties - so you'll need a car or UBER it- which I think they are recommending because of lack of parking in some venues.  Slammers is a must visit and probably will be hopping during weekend.  Its a sex club - think of it as a lite version of Laboratory.    The bathhouses - Club Ft. Lauderdale on Broward Blvd and the Clubhouse on Oakland Blvd - must visits- Check their websites to see what is happening - they will have events.  Club FTL-- is more modern and huge and relaxing with pool and gym -- parking is avail but then tight afterhours -- and Clubhouse has limited parking and its more old school 70s /80s vibe -bearish, older and bit more relaxed.

Check out: [think before following links] https://www.hotspotsmagazine.com/south-florida-edition/ 

Hotspots Magazine- will have tons of info -get one when you land i Miami or just go thru PDF online.

Worthington - is very nice- its 3 hotels in one compound -so it will be very cruisy and 3 pools and if you don't like club/disco music- you're screwed cuz it goes all day i mean all day but the good thing is its near the beach walking distance a couple of minutes and central-so a cab ride or car will get you to any of the venues pretty easily.  

On Sunrise Blvd -there is STarbucks and Publix supermarket for food   which are just over the drawbridge going to Slammers-- and on 13th St. -Pride Factory is a huge Gay store- poppers clothes etc are sold there-- poppers behind the counter so you'll have to ask  -also called head cleaner .

Miami is very flashy -a little uptight the worst of NYkers  but Ft Lauderdale is very relaxed , retireees , laid back but you need a car or cab ride to most places - but you may find al lthe play at Worthington -it is very cruisy and tons of other gay bed & breakfast nearby--- also, locals like to get laid in afternoon - night time -forget it- go out you'll do better but daytime can be fun in my experience.  

Have fun!

• Like 1

Hi spunkdump,   

Thank you so much for all the information.  🙂

As we will only arrive on Monday (as we will be in Miami for the Urge Miami Thanksgiving Festival), so I assume that I will not buy the dog tag, but joining the parties by paying each entrance ticket, which is fine I hope.

Been to Laboratory in Berlin few times and loved it, so I am excited to see what slammer is like.  🙂

Also good to know Worthington is good to stay. Mostly we will go to the evening and night fun and a bit more relax under the sun or at the beach. But who know what fun might come up during the day.  Hope to meet some new friends. 

Thanks again!

Mark

I have been checking accommodations for pig week and most are sold out. Does anyone have a reservation that they would like to share or sell ? Or perhaps recommend a place near the pig week festivities?  Inn Leather would be ideal.