Sweatbox vs. Pleasuredome

Tipazomajete

8 hours ago, Godliath said:

How so?

Will say though that Pleasuredrome is in a little bit more sketchy of an area than Sweatbox, though not really that bad at all. Ive always left Pleasuredrome around 4 to 5 am and there are homeless tented out around the surrounding streets. Sweatbox is in the more touristy area of SoHo so not as sketch. But ive been to both countless times over the years and ive never had any problem walking home from either.

My recollections are random and are for the time prior to remodel(s?).
Transit wise Pleasuredrome is less convenient that Sweatbox, you'd def need help from a map for the first time around. Characters could be on the street at night in the vicinity.
I'd agree that their staff was nicer.
But their play areas were more straightforward, less nooks and crannies, and the dark room was singular and smaller, unless it changed since.
Sweatbox had more areas to play at and more than one dark room, including dark steam room as I recall. But seemed not all being always well-heated (with the previous owners?), so if not for middle of deep freeze winter, Sweatbox may be in competition to Pleasuredrome IMO.
Unless hired security downstairs at the locker room ruins the whole experience.
I'd say both places and crowds can be hit and miss and suggest to spend time and visit both.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I recently tried both. Enjoyed the clientele at both, but if I had to choose it would be Pleasuredome. The staff is better. Sweatbox staff was a bit too ornery. Very uncomfortable for a first timers. Likely wouldn't return to either due to excessive surveillance measures. Not what I'm used to in American saunas. Pleasuredome has CCTV cameras everywhere in facilities, which would be very illegal in America. Had I known would not have gone. Sweatbox suspiciously doesn't accept cash (so don't go if you don't want transaction on your card or card on file or travel fees) and had too many silly rules and security measures for my comfort. Once you change nude you have to present yourself to them to make sure you're dressed appropriately. Can't bring your own shoes, socks or anything. If you break the rule they'll call you out in front of everyone and tell you to go back and put away whatever. There is an actual gate you have to scan into before you can actually go in. Too many silly rules and barriers and staff just itching to call you out. The clientele was the best thing for both. I went on the weekends. Sweatbox was busy all night into morning.