Okay, Explain: Why Hit On Guys On The Opposite Side Of The Fucking Planet?

ErosWired

it's a long haul from Australia to the US, something that I have done 18 times over the past 30 years. Some 20 years ago a young guy from Florida made contact with me here in Brisbane Australia. The following year we made physical contact in Key West Florida and really hit off.. I came back the following year..and the year after.. I wanted him to come "down under" but his work arrangements stuffed that. I got to know his mother and sister over the years... got a massive shock with a message from a friend of his in Key West that he had collapsed and was in a very bad way with kidney failure.. unfortunately he died from that. I have kept in continual touch with his mother and sister over the years...

So in short.. we do at times make contact on line and follow thru to make physical contact..

I really do miss Robbie

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/17/2022 at 5:02 AM, Leather69 said:

it's a long haul from Australia to the US, something that I have done 18 times over the past 30 years. Some 20 years ago a young guy from Florida made contact with me here in Brisbane Australia. The following year we made physical contact in Key West Florida and really hit off.. I came back the following year..and the year after.. I wanted him to come "down under" but his work arrangements stuffed that. I got to know his mother and sister over the years... got a massive shock with a message from a friend of his in Key West that he had collapsed and was in a very bad way with kidney failure.. unfortunately he died from that. I have kept in continual touch with his mother and sister over the years...

So in short.. we do at times make contact on line and follow thru to make physical contact..

I really do miss Robbie

I suspect (correct me if I'm wrong) that at the time your profiles on such sites mentioned that you traveled, perhaps even worldwide). I think contacting such a person from a distance is reasonable, even if it turns out the traveler has no plans to head in that direction for the foreseeable future.

But that's a case rendered valid because of particular circumstances. A random message from some [allegedly] 18-year old in Singapore or Bangkok or Amman or Buenos Aires, whose profile says he's looking for "love", messaging someone in the U.S. (or Europe)? Almost certainly a wanker at best, a lead-in to a scam at worst.

• Like 1