What is a Twink??

And why can't a twink have any facial hair or a bit of hair? This seems like a very narrow view of what a “twink” is supposed to be. 

On 5/21/2022 at 3:41 PM, dmvnewbie said:

And why can't a twink have any facial hair or a bit of hair? This seems like a very narrow view of what a “twink” is supposed to be. 

Narrow, but not uncommon.

In his book, Never Enough (2007), about a murder committed in 2003 in Hong Kong, described by the New York Times Book Review as hard-boiled clichés with a cartoonish first impression, Joe McGinniss describes a court case in which "twink" was defined as "a gay slang term used to denote an attractive, boyish-looking gay man between the ages of 18 and 23, slender ectomorph and with little or no body hair, often blond, often but not necessarily Caucasian."

Also from Wikipedia:

Twinks are often clean-shaven to emphasize a youthful, fresh-faced appearance. They are generally in their early 20s and slim, often with a boyish appearance.

Give a Twink significant body hair and he ceases to be...well, a Twink. Maybe an Otter. 😃

• Upvote 1

18 to 23? I was accused of being a twink through most of my 30's. I was even well covered with fine blonde hair, which I admit is hard to see. I still look smooth in pictures even though I haven't been in decades.

• Upvote 1

On 5/21/2022 at 5:36 PM, cumdumpCNY said:

Shouldn't a twink be smooth, no facial hair and no tattoos? 

I think a tattoo is okay, but facial hair maybe not

Twinks to me are meant to very slim/skinny and hairless

On 5/21/2022 at 2:41 PM, dmvnewbie said:

Personally, I think they can.   Full beards may take them out of the twink category, but a goatee/chin patch or soul patch won't.  I also disagree that any ink on them means they aren't a twink.  Some guys can carry the twink look into their 30's but its all down to genetics.   AFAIC a thin, smooth body of smaller stature is all that is required to be considered a twink.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, chi4loads said:

Personally, I think they can.   Full beards may take them out of the twink category, but a goatee/chin patch or soul patch won't.  I also disagree that any ink on them means they aren't a twink.  Some guys can carry the twink look into their 30's but its all down to genetics.   AFAIC a thin, smooth body of smaller stature is all that is required to be considered a twink.  

I agree. The LGBTQIA community loves boundaries without boundaries, definitions without definitions, rules without rules, inclusion with exclusion. Are a “twink” and a “chub” the same thing? Probably not. But is there a hard and fast line of demarcation? Not really. And it’s all open to personal interpretation. 🤷‍♂️ 

There's pre-twink from 16 years thru 22 years 11 months and 30 seconds;

Twink which last for 30 seconds immediately before 23rd birthday;

followed by post-twink 23 years thru 65 years.

• Haha 1