Question about fuck flu…

Do not know if it was fuck flu ,i will not get tested

But some kind of flu came on fast,sweating profusely but lack of my female hormones may have caused,very tired and run down,but instinct leans to convresion

Got my hormones back and recovered after 3 days with my hormones

6 hours ago, JakeTurner said:

I’ve been wondering… Those of you who had significant fuck flu (HIV conversion) symptoms… Did the bad symptoms come on suddenly, or did it start with a few days of mild stuff?

I have spoken with friends about this general question before. The most common answer, by far, was along the lines of "I went to bed feeling kind of run down and woke up sick as a dog." Even those who initially said it took a while to really feel bad generally clarified that they meant "within a day of symptom onset" and not "days of slowly getting worse".

Based on these reports, and based on what I know of immunology, I'd say that it's a fairly quick progression - HIV starts to replicate in your body, your immune system goes into massive overdrive trying to eradicate it, and the result is the set of symptoms colloquially called "fuck flu" pretty quickly. Thinking about how the body responds to an infection in general - fever spiking quickly, white blood cell production ramping up, inflammation (which causes the aches), and so forth - it would make sense that when the replication ramps up and your body's defenses kick in in earnest to fight it, the onset of symptoms would be rapid.

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

I have spoken with friends about this general question before. The most common answer, by far, was along the lines of "I went to bed feeling kind of run down and woke up sick as a dog." Even those who initially said it took a while to really feel bad generally clarified that they meant "within a day of symptom onset" and not "days of slowly getting worse".

Based on these reports, and based on what I know of immunology, I'd say that it's a fairly quick progression - HIV starts to replicate in your body, your immune system goes into massive overdrive trying to eradicate it, and the result is the set of symptoms colloquially called "fuck flu" pretty quickly. Thinking about how the body responds to an infection in general - fever spiking quickly, white blood cell production ramping up, inflammation (which causes the aches), and so forth - it would make sense that when the replication ramps up and your body's defenses kick in in earnest to fight it, the onset of symptoms would be rapid.

Thanks! That was the type of info I was looking for.

• Like 1