Closing gaysauna’s or cruisebars trend ?

Chuckynultien

12 minutes ago, hntnhole said:

That could be a function of inner-city gentrification, too.  What used to be somewhat run-down neighborhoods - perfect locations for haunts we rawguys like to prowl in, suddenly become far more valuable when gentrified.  It's happening here in Ft. L, for sure.  But, if the Fed misses the mark in staving off recession, the real estate values will start falling in an eyeblink.  Around here, anyway, people have been paying huge amounts for poorly-maintained properties in compromised neighborhoods.  That bubble is beginning to collapse, because the buyers (often younger folks who haven't experienced a substantial economic downturn) and are in hock up to their eyeballs, assuming that they knew everything there was to know.   Hopefully that will take care of the march towards gentrification for at least a few years.  

Yeah, inner city gentrification is an issue to some extent, probably for the bathhouse that closed, although it was in an area not that close to the inner city or that run down compared to some others.  Almost all the bookstores that closed were in areas well outside of downtown though.  Most of the bookstores in Texas tend to be in unincorporated areas where the laws are more lax and less enforced.  Traditionally land and rent was cheap out there too, but Austin has been growing at a huge rate and areas that use to be "way out there" are now prime development areas, and formerly empty land is getting built up full of housing developments and strip malls and stuff.

6 hours ago, Barebacksletje said:

It is easier to find a fuck through the internet

I guess this might be true in a number of circumstances but I find apps to be a huge waste of time and a lot of screen time to get a hook up. It surprises me they would replace bars and saunas. 
     As a bottom if I am going to take the time to clean out and take a drive or bus to get some dick I want more than one. I am willing to pay for a locker or room or feed the video machine for a chance to play around and not risk all the effort for a hook up that might be a flop. 
     When I lived a mile from a bathhouse (Club Z in Seattle) it was great. I took full advantage of that place never left without a load or ten🤪

23 hours ago, VersGuyAnon said:

Birmingham doesn't have a gay sauna anymore. I couldn't believe it when the last of the Chariots saunas closed in London. Considering the size of London, I think in Brighton we're incredibly lucky to have what we do. Sadly there aren't any cruise clubs anymore though. Schwarz used to be great, even if it was small.

Didn't realise that Birmingham City had lost everything. So just Darlington and Erdington now I suppose. 

Brighton has a good one, or it always used to be good.

Having lived in Brighton and London and visited Manchester and Birmingham I've been spoilt with Saunas. The one in Nottingham is a major disappointment and not worth it.

16 minutes ago, UKFFBBBtm said:

Didn't realise that Birmingham City had lost everything. So just Darlington and Erdington now I suppose. 

Brighton has a good one, or it always used to be good.

Having lived in Brighton and London and visited Manchester and Birmingham I've been spoilt with Saunas. The one in Nottingham is a major disappointment and not worth it.

Yep Unit 2 closed a while ago. 

I'm a real fan of the Brighton Sauna. Excellent facilities, well looked after, staff and customers always tend to be pleasant and entry price is fair. I'm looking forward to getting back to Manchester. I haven't been to a sauna there in years. 

• Upvote 1

I really miss the saunas from the pre-Internet Era, when the saunas were the sure place to find other guys looking for sex. I remember my local sauna packed on Sunday after lunch and after the bars closed on Friday and Saturday night. Guys were horny after drinking for a few hours and going to the sauna was a sure bet. Waiting list for rooms and the place was booming.

Most of my local sauna patrons are guys 60+, which for many young guys it's not an appealing sight. It's very unlikely young guys in their 20's or 30's are going to spend $40 to find a half-empty place  or no guys they are looking for. Grindr seems like a cheaper and better option for the young guys who are usually short of money.