Dealing with stalking on Grindr

BritishCumdump

On 11/3/2022 at 11:25 AM, ellentonboy said:

That's a very valid and true point.  Grindr is quick to suspend you if your pictures are too revealing, or they feel it crosses some "indecency" line.  The staff is quick to call you out and punish you.  But if some WHACK JOB  continues to create fake account to try to hook up with you, and you know it's the same guy and forward the screen shots to management, Grindr does nothing.  It's a double standard at that place....

The difference, as far as Grindr is concerned, between policing ‘indecent’ images on the app and sanctioning member behavior is that hosting the wrong sort of images will get their app disqualified from distribution through the major app stores. It’s a strictly business decision. I suspect the lack of action against bad member conduct is as well - given how rampant and out-of-hand it is, they would probably have to hire a small army of content monitors to keep tabs on it, and that just doesn’t tally on the balance sheet.

You could always leave your profile up and start another profile with a different email address. I've actually got 2 profiles - one where I'm just looking to swallow loads; the other where I'm an all out cumdump (usually use that profile when traveling). Just start using the new one. And start blocking them immediately if you see them.

Edited by CumdumpDad

3 hours ago, ErosWired said:

The difference, as far as Grindr is concerned, between policing ‘indecent’ images on the app and sanctioning member behavior is that hosting the wrong sort of images will get their app disqualified from distribution through the major app stores. It’s a strictly business decision. I suspect the lack of action against bad member conduct is as well - given how rampant and out-of-hand it is, they would probably have to hire a small army of content monitors to keep tabs on it, and that just doesn’t tally on the balance sheet.

Unfortunately the bottom line is that a few crazy stalkers and a lot of greedy scammers ruin things for everyone and basically make apps like Grindr nearly unusable.  The blocking of images on the app version of a4a also sucks.   I get all these people sending me "why no pics?"...  Uh...  dude, there are pics there.  If you are on the web version you can see them.  I'm not posting face pics, sorry.  I'm just looking for local hook-ups.  If my face matters more than my ass, probably isn't going to happen anyway.