In Toronto, Spa Excess or Steamworks?

hungry_hole

I've always loved saunas but lately some saunas are in decline and having a hard time to survive. Spa Excess was the best sauna in Toronto when it opened and it was the place to go. In the past, before Internet, even smaller saunas survived.

But now in Toronto I find that Spa Excess has lost it's status and it's been fairly empty when I've been there, nothing like it used to be. Steamworks seems to continue be popular.

I'm not from Toronto, but what do guys in Toronto say about these two saunas? Does Spa Excess get busy on Saturday night? I like renting the sling room at Spa Excess but the last time I was there it was fairly empty but Steamworks was busy. Where to go?

Its a hard toss up for me really. Due to my work schedule I am downtown twice a week (normally wed/thurs or thur/fri) so gotta a few good opportunities to go to both. To be honest neither is really in my opinion like blow your mind this is what I imagined bathhouses to be....Yes I fell into that false hope lol, neither would ever live up to that. But what I mean is I have not been to one that has been, like packed on a night (have been on a saturday or 2). I dunno if everyone, like segregates into certain areas or rooms or I dunno.

I like Spa Excess cuz I find the staff a bit nicer, not by much and I haven't had like a hard confrontation with anyone just a sense that Steamworks is a bit holier than thou cuz of where they are located. On the opposite side I much prefer on the whole the steamworks facility, except for the open sling and cross room spa has.

LOL I know not much of a direct answer to the question. I think its a crap shoot really.

5 hours ago, partydawgON said:

On the opposite side I much prefer on the whole the steamworks facility, except for the open sling and cross room spa has.

I like Steamworks douching facilities which I don't think Spa Excess has.

But what I mean is I have not been to one that has been, like packed on a night (have been on a saturday or 2).

In BarebackRT someone mentioned that Fridays were crazy at Steamworks. I will try it tonight, Saturday and report back.

I dunno if everyone, like segregates into certain areas or rooms or I dunno.

I was there Thursday and sometimes the hallways were almost empty because everyone was in the darkrooms.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think Spa Xs has been badly reputed by the community as a spot for junkies. Drugs are rampant in any bathhouse. However Spa Xs once finds mature crowd over Steamworks. Besides Steamworks is right in the middle of gay bars and hence popular. However the crowd at Steamworks is the "holier than thou" crowd. Bathhouse is a place to have sex without fear. I find more modeling and standing around in Steamworks. Also I never understood why people just keep walking aimlessly in Steamworks. I guess I will never be able to figure that one out - modeling, standing in hallway or walking around like crazy aimless person. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2023 at 9:32 PM, Cutedelicategay said:

I think Spa Xs has been badly reputed by the community as a spot for junkies. Drugs are rampant in any bathhouse. However Spa Xs once finds mature crowd over Steamworks. Besides Steamworks is right in the middle of gay bars and hence popular. However the crowd at Steamworks is the "holier than thou" crowd. Bathhouse is a place to have sex without fear. I find more modeling and standing around in Steamworks. Also I never understood why people just keep walking aimlessly in Steamworks. I guess I will never be able to figure that one out - modeling, standing in hallway or walking around like crazy aimless person. 

do they have a lights out night at spa xs?