newTumble purge

NLbear

Anyone else a newTumbl user and got nuked? I had been chatting with this guy who told me quite a few regular posters's accounts were deleted. After he told me I realized I hadn't seen some of them posting any new stuff. But I was more a browser and only ocaasionally reblogged a few pics or vids so I wasn't too worried. Until it happened to me. Logged in and saw a message my account was deleted because I had violated the terms & conditions (or something like that). No clue what it was I had done.

Created a new account only to find out I couldn't 'Like' or reblog stuff because of my IP-address. 

Anyone else had this? Anyone know the reason why they purge accounts?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NLbear said:

Anyone else a newTumbl user and got nuked? I had been chatting with this guy who told me quite a few regular posters's accounts were deleted. After he told me I realized I hadn't seen some of them posting any new stuff. But I was more a browser and only ocaasionally reblogged a few pics or vids so I wasn't too worried. Until it happened to me. Logged in and saw a message my account was deleted because I had violated the terms & conditions (or something like that). No clue what it was I had done.

Created a new account only to find out I couldn't 'Like' or reblog stuff because of my IP-address. 

Anyone else had this? Anyone know the reason why they purge accounts?

I've been nuked a couple of times on newtumbl -- in my latest form, I can't "like" or "repost" because it can't figure out my IP address -- not a problem for me -- I just download anything I like and put it in a separate file for viewing when I want.   I figure the pix are already there and I don't need to rearrange them.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sfmike64 said:

Yes. I got purged yesterday, for no apparent reason. I was reposting a fair amount. All gone. 

try using a vpn for the IP address thing.

Good idea. I use Norton360 for security and they have a free VPN service.

I was banned from twitter for violating their rules.  I reposted an obviously fake nude of a celebrity.  Nazis and insurrectionists are fine on twitter, but some adult gay content - apparently not.  So much for Musk's free speech hypocrisy.

• Upvote 1

On 3/2/2023 at 5:28 PM, Grey said:

Saw a bunch of accounts purged recently yeah. Is bdsmlr better? I found the UI to be lacking when I tried it.

It's not as polished as newtumbl, and people weren't on there as often. But just recently, seems like they are, probably because of getting nuked at NT. And also allows you to view blogs Likes if the blog allows it. Kinda fun to see what they are clicking Like on.