Attaching pictures for private messaging

I  seem to be having a problem inserting a URL link for  a picture  in private messaging.

Are there only  links for certain photo storage sites like Flickr or Google Photos that will work in your system?

I didn't see the option to attach a photo from my  computer files.  Thank you.

• Moderators

In private messages, you can only attach a link to an image. If you want to upload pictures to be inserted into a private message, do this:

1. Create a private album (use the "Create" pull-down at the top to create a new photo album, and use the "Privacy" controls at the bottom of the creation page to mark it private)
  2. Upload your photo(s) into it
  3. Copy the URL for the photo you want to insert (from your browser address bar)
  4. Create the private message
  5. Click the insert image button and paste the link

Yeah, it's a pain. The forum runs on a third-party software package and it has limitations, so we're pretty much stuck with it until @rawTOP gets the new site done.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Hotrawbutt4u said:

Do these pics go against any limitations on amount or size?

And do these have restrictions on content, ones that might need to go in the back room?

Size limit is the same as for any other pictures in the Galleries (I'm not sure what that amount is).

IF you make sure to set the album PRIVATE access, it is OK to put Backroom content in them. Content that is not allowed anywhere on the site (obscenity) is not OK here, either.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.