HIV test kits

I had never heard of this happening until I saw on the news in my city (Louisville, KY USA). A community health clinic was giving out HIV test kits in town.  I would have liked to get one but it was storming at the time and I didn't want to put on clothes and go out into the storm.  Hopefully they will do it again.

It's not common to see the kits being distributed for free, but it does happen - generally, it means some group got funding for a supply of them and is able to share them that way.

But many groups offer free testing on a regular basis (though you do have to "go there" to get tested).

• Like 1

On 6/29/2023 at 6:28 PM, baldwin said:

I had never heard of this happening until I saw on the news in my city (Louisville, KY USA). A community health clinic was giving out HIV test kits in town.  I would have liked to get one but it was storming at the time and I didn't want to put on clothes and go out into the storm.  Hopefully they will do it again.

Hey man. I’m in Louisville too. Where were they giving these out?

• 6 months later...

Every once in a while Grindr has advertisements that offer free HIV tests. You have to go through a survey and they ship them within a few days. Even though I'm poz I ordered a few for a fuck buddy that wanted to test and didnt want them sent to his home for fear of his husband finding out. Every few months they send me an email wondering if want anymore. 

I’ve also seen ads on Scruff app.

But quick search of the googles “free HIV test at home” showed me local and national public health resources with tests available (mostly in person but didn’t look at details), but the results also showed non-profit orgs like this one that offer free tests to be mailed[think before following links] [think before following links] https://together.takemehome.org/

Not sure if this is pandemic money or the weird issue of reimbursement rates by the drug manufacturers’ being overpaid or some other cause making tests free but it wont last (at least in the first two reasons mentioned) so get ‘em while you can! 

Edited by DCWildBtm
Punctuation

• 2 months later...

Growlr also had free test available.  I ordered two even though I'm already poz but undetectable for anyone who runs in my circle.  Last night a young pup 21 yo  needing daddies love stop by to hook up.    He was so excited about my poz tattoo...  So I asked him how long since his last test and he never tested.  He said he never had the "fuck flu" so he had to be negative.  So, we tested him with a home test & showed positive.  He turned pale at seeing the results.  Over Spring break, he had been with dozens of guys all BB and collage friends this week thinking he was negative.  I told him needed to visit the clinic to get tested again.  I'm afraid his chasing was more of a fantasy. I hope he gets tested again and lets me know.  

9 hours ago, toolman1966 said:

Growlr also had free test available.  I ordered two even though I'm already poz but undetectable for anyone who runs in my circle.  Last night a young pup 21 yo  needing daddies love stop by to hook up.    He was so excited about my poz tattoo...  So I asked him how long since his last test and he never tested.  He said he never had the "fuck flu" so he had to be negative.  So, we tested him with a home test & showed positive.  He turned pale at seeing the results.  Over Spring break, he had been with dozens of guys all BB and collage friends this week thinking he was negative.  I told him needed to visit the clinic to get tested again.  I'm afraid his chasing was more of a fantasy. I hope he gets tested again and lets me know.  

I think it would be a good idea to refer that twink to breedingzone, because he will find that many guys here would find him lucky, and I think that would be a help to him 

• Like 1