probably stupid question about STD's

I am fairly new to the bb lifestyle.  Being recently single and monogomus I have not had a lot of experience  with the consequences of BB.   I am on  prep and I get tested regularly.  I would like to jump into it full bore.  The  BB parties  such as  Cumunion,  horse market,  etc  are so exciting to think about.  So  my point is,  how do ya'll deal with the std  part of the equation?   I don't even haave a doctor that I would feel comfortable with  talking about it.  Any advice would be appreciated.   Please be kind 🙂

Std is part of BB risk. It seems that you are being proactive to your sexual health by taking prep and testing reguarly. You may want to try to get on DoxyPep if you can.

I am not a "no load refused" cumdump so that potentially cut down my risks. I don't bother asking for any status but only trust my instincts and try to be proactive for my sexual health like taking prep and doxypep and getting tested regularly. 

Educate yourself about STDs and take whatever you are comfortable to prevent them and minimize risks. 

In the meantime, enjoy BB whether you are giving/receiving. 

27 minutes ago, Bttml00king said:

Std is part of BB risk. It seems that you are being proactive to your sexual health by taking prep and testing reguarly. You may want to try to get on DoxyPep if you can.

I am not a "no load refused" cumdump so that potentially cut down my risks. I don't bother asking for any status but only trust my instincts and try to be proactive for my sexual health like taking prep and doxypep and getting tested regularly. 

Educate yourself about STDs and take whatever you are comfortable to prevent them and minimize risks. 

In the meantime, enjoy BB whether you are giving/receiving. 

Thanks.  I am on the DoxyPep  program.   I figured I would try to cover all of the basis.  

1 hour ago, btmdad said:

So  my point is,  how do ya'll deal with the std  part of the equation?   I don't even haave a doctor that I would feel comfortable with  talking about it. 

You’re going to have to get comfortable talking about it, because there will be no way to avoid the conversation. You will, eventually, if you continue to fuck bare, pick up a sexually transmitted infection. It’s the price of the ticket.  As a result, you will, eventually, need to be treated, and you cannot resolve these infections without medical intervention. You will, therefore, need to frankly address the situation with a doctor, who will have a pretty shrewd idea how you came to have that infection where you have it, and that it would have been acquired through sexual activity.

If your doctor then begins moralizing to you about your sexual choices, that will beca clear signal to dismiss him and find another doctor who can administer his oath in a professional manner.

Your best bet is to approach the likelihood of STIs from a purely practical perspective, deal with them matter-of-factly, and carry on.

STDs are an occupational hazard if you want to play around raw. Yeah, you won't get HIV, but you will get other STDs. Not often, but if you fuck around a lot often enough. Syphilis and gonorrhea the obvious ones and there are penicillin resistant strains and so that's a serious risk you take. Some STDs you might not be aware of like chlamydia and you wind up spreading it. 

• Upvote 1

Try to find a doctor that you are comfortable with, preferably a gay doctor or practice which has a lot of gay patients. Because you will get std's. No need for shame on your part and totally unacceptable for docs or nurses to give you any shame. It is just normal when you bb. You also may pick up some bugs from time to time that give you other things such as diarrhea, while not technically stds, as a bottom when you get fucked can't control who else's ass that cock was in previously lol.  All that said don't worry and don't feel ashamed. Good bb sex is more than worth it...own your sluttiness...be proud!

• Like 1

You gotta get a doc you can talk to if you're gonna go to cumunion and other piggy events especially.  Especially since you're a bottom.  A straight doctor will usually not test a GUY's throat and ass for stds.  They check your dick.  You need to be able to tell your doctor you need your ass and throat checked or they won't even think to do that.  You need to be able to be honest and have also check for syphillis and HepC.  If you let him think none of this is a possibility they won't even check.  Even if you're just playing with other guys who DO go to those parties you're at risk - it goes with the territory as everyone here is saying!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I agree with everyone else, great advice. I can only add try to make sure you show no hesitancy or uncertainty when you do discuss your activities and the medical expectations they entail. 

I've found most doctors appreciate that I trust them enough to be utterly frank, which has left me vulnerable, so they return with professionalism without the moralizing. Had my GP stop suggesting condumbs or any behavior/lifestyle changes. I miss him so much, but had to move. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1