Disgrace in Milwaukee

hntnhole

On 8/25/2023 at 1:14 PM, viking8x6 said:

That said, I am planning to move

How about central/southern Illinois?  There are counties with every shade of red in that area, and Louisville (which apparently has some availability of bathhouses, etc) isn't that far away.  Plus, Springfield enjoys a reputation for a lot of comings and goings on, so there'd be a steady supply of fresh meat around.  It's a bit further West than your intended area, but .... might be worth a sniff-test. While there have been Republican Governors, the Statehouse has been mostly Democratic (and thus a better protection against reactionary forces) for a long time.  

7 hours ago, hntnhole said:

How about central/southern Illinois?  There are counties with every shade of red in that area, and Louisville (which apparently has some availability of bathhouses, etc) isn't that far away.  Plus, Springfield enjoys a reputation for a lot of comings and goings on, so there'd be a steady supply of fresh meat around.  It's a bit further West than your intended area, but .... might be worth a sniff-test. While there have been Republican Governors, the Statehouse has been mostly Democratic (and thus a better protection against reactionary forces) for a long time.  

At least central Illinois is closer to Chicago, St Louis and Indianapolis all of which have bathhouse than it is to Louisville. Housing is relatively cheap, taxes are extremely high, cost of living right around the national average. Decent cultural opportunities in Urbana-Champaign and Bloomington-Normal due to the major universities. I can't speak to the current sex situation but 30 years ago casual gay sex was readily available in parks, tearooms and ABS in all of the medium sized central Illinois cities. Politically the northern half of the state outside of Chicagoland used to be consistently ruby red, but the more urban counties have transitioned to purple or even blue in the in the last 30 years, while the southern half of the state has gone from deep blue to ruby red other than a small area in metro-east St Louis that has remained blue in the same time. 

It is too far from a major airport, and way to close to family for me. 

I have my opinions about all of these politicians, but being from NJ, I have very particular opinions about Chris Christie. I don’t wish death on anyone but just saying… he’s overdue to choke on a sausage and peppers sandwich. Disgusting, embarrassing disgrace to this state. Just looking at him makes me sick.

• Like 1