Sitges bear week

On 8/30/2023 at 5:13 PM, 4hairy said:

Anyone attending Sitges bear week this year?

The prices for a room this year have gone through the roof, so decided to give it a miss. I went to the smaller bear week at the start of the season (end of April, start of May) and there were lots of hot guys and plenty going on.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, amsrat said:

The prices for a room this year have gone through the roof, so decided to give it a miss. I went to the smaller bear week at the start of the season (end of April, start of May) and there were lots of hot guys and plenty going on.

Agreed! We were going to go and opted to skip due to the cost of rooms.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I was there and must admit Sitges is surely heading in the wrong direction. 

All dark rooms have now shut down. The last reamining one, XXL closed a few months ago. The explanation from the owner is that "gays have to move on from the 80s" "anonymous sex upstairs of XXL meant lots of shit in the floor that needed to be cleaned and was and unsafe for everyone". He's now turned the dark room in to a drag queen show space with a pole dancing bar...  

The only thing remaining is cruise bar Bukake of course. It was decent fun during bear week, but I guess it's a matter of time before it bites the dust too. By then Sitges will have no play spaces which is quite tragic. People will have to resort to apps and bar hookups and heading to the room. But to do that, you don't really need Sitges, do you? Specially with the exhorbitant hotel prices.

In a way I feel there's a resurgence of gay play spaces elsewhere. App fatigue is becoming quite strong and there's nothing like the immediacy of being there with what you are looking for. Places like Strong and Firewood in Madrid are absolutely happening. Same for Torremolinos. Gee, even Barcelona has opened 3 brand new cruise spaces that are working quite well.

There's something wrong with Sitges, whatever that is.

• Sad 1