Just Diagnosed

Bear4Breeding

Did you receive call from Department of Health?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Did you receive call from Department of Health?

• Yes Received Call
    • No Didn't Receive Call

I went to my doctor today for a regular vist for my Diabeties and Cholesteral and such. I had an HIV test done this time since it had been at least a year since my last.

She comes in to the room and does all the pleasentries and then says "I need to talk to you about your labs." I knew right then that it was POZ, she must have spent a good 45 minutes with me talking and making sure I was okay and if I wanted counseling etc. I am fine, I figured it would happen evenutally. Anyway, it took 10 years to get pozed since I knowingly took my first poz load from an ex, story posted here somewhere.

Anyway, she said to me to expect or prepare for a call from the Department of Health. I want to know if any of you guys actually got a call from the Department of Health.

When I was first diagnosed, I was under the care of a private physician who handled the matter with concern, compassion and dignity. No accusations, blames or faults, just simple care for my health.

Due to financial issues, I have since switched to care under the public health service. They take good care of me, but never miss an opportunity to turn it into an obscene witch hunt. At every visit, I am asked for a list of my recent sex partners. I always write down the names of my mayor, governor, congressman and senator. I even carry their phone numbers in my wallet to be sure their data gathering is 'complete' lol.

I was diagnosed HIV positive a couple of weeks ago, and my local clinic have been nothing but supportive, despite my oddly chilled and laid back behaviour to the whole scenario. Since I visit them regularly for both STI and HIV checks, we've got an excellent timeline of when it happened (between mid May and mid/end of June), and I'm almost certain that I know who gave it to me, since I was quite busy with work I wasn't playing too much around then, and my initial illness fits in after I played with a couple of friends one nights (as in they are a couple too).

The local clinic has HIV sessions every Tuesday and Thursday morning where people getting treated come in to see the doctors, there are counselling sessions, group meetings, and even massages too. When they called me to tell me of the diagnosis they just asked me to come along to the next one and that they would be taking a lot of blood samples. Sure enough I was sat down with a doctor I had met only once before and the health advisor who had been seeing me for STI and HIV checks for the last couple of years. I wasn't overly keen on the health advisor because at every opportunity he was telling me how much danger I was running into by playing raw, despite telling him my reasons, so it was getting a bit annoying at times.

Surprisingly when it came to be his turn to talk as the doctor left the room, he was quite friendly about the whole scenario, as I thought he was going to give me an 'I told you so' type of lecture. We talked about what was going to happen next and he put me in touch with some other people to talk to, and even introduced me to one while I was waiting to get my blood samples taken.

[sigh] This was an exceptionally trying time. I had applied for life insurance, and the provider sent a nurse to meet with me to get a urine sample. I had hardly been the world's biggest slut, but knew the possibility existed I would come-up poz. A few weeks later I received a hideously worded letter from the insurance policy that declined to issue the policy and advised me to expect a communication from the Philadelphia Department of Health, but a few weeks passed and I heard nothing from them, so, I girded-up my courage and went to a doctor who advertised in the local fag-rag and he took a blood sample. A few days later he telephoned asking me to come in to meet with him, whereupon he gave me the news in a very supportive fashion.

Thus began my long dance with HIV.

Sounds like everyone has had really good response from their doctors. I did as well, she was very supportive and kept asking if I ws okay etc. LOVE MY DOCTOR!

Other then the wordy letter from teh Insurance and the visit for HungLatinDom, most have positive things to say about there physician and how they handled the situation.

Guess I'll just have to wait and see if some calls, mail or something else.

I forgot to mention in my original post here that I have no idea who was the one who pozed me or when it actually happened. I never go the Fuck Flu, I had a couple of fevers earlier this year so that may have been it but I didn't have any Flu like symptoms.

Same here. Don't know what this fuck flu is. I found out I was poz from one of those rapid HIV tests. Haven't experienced any sort of flu like symptoms in recent weeks. Granted, I don't know who actually gave me the bug, so I guess I could get this flu a few months from now.