Current State of Cruising

Oldercumslut

It's been at least a decade since I was actively cruising. I was at a local park playing with my new drone and after a bit; I noticed guys just standing around. It took me a minute before I realized what they were doing. I must admit that just looking at them, they were pretty comical. I just sat back and watched and admit I followed a couple using the drone from a distance.  No one was approaching anyone else. I didn't stay long. The battery of the drone only lasted about 20 min.

Did we always look that comical? As one of the cruisers in the past,  I'm not sure I was paying attention to what we looked like.  Everyone had their phone out and I"m assuming they were on one of the apps.  Is that how it's done now or how do guys figure out who is a top/bottom and who's looking for what?

• Thanks 1

Location,location,location.

Some wooded areas are perfect , particularly at dusk.

Woods with lots of cover and several enterences , part of the thrill is not knowing who your going to bump in to round the next corner.

• Like 3

I was in a park in LA this summer, where this form of cruising seemed to work. Once I got past everyone staring at their phones and looking like zombies, I managed to use Sniffles of a couple of decent fucks. Here in Portland, I have know idea what would actually work well for cruising.

• Upvote 1

• Moderators

I haven't done much proper cruising in years. I did it a lot between 1985 and 2005 or so.  All those hours spent in bathrooms of every description. Walking or running trails - twisty ones through the bushes, more open ones through the wooded park, and wide open ones along the lakefront (with conveniently placed tearoom).

I imagine more than a little use of smart phones would transform it into something so different as to be unrecognizable.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The weirdest thing I've seen in this regard was one night in Palm Springs, I happened across 4 guy going at it, one bent over taking it at both ends from the other 3, and several others standing around watching both the action and their phones. I hung back to start with thinking they were filming the orgy, but once I realized what they weren't filming I jumped into the fray. Eventually probably a dozen guys joined the fray and at least that many more showed up but just watched while diddling their phones.

On 10/25/2023 at 1:31 PM, NWUSHorny said:

I was in a park in LA this summer, where this form of cruising seemed to work. Once I got past everyone staring at their phones and looking like zombies, I managed to use Sniffles of a couple of decent fucks. Here in Portland, I have know idea what would actually work well for cruising.

That’s pretty much how it works with younger guys. They’re on Sniffies seeing who else is there or nearby instead of just walking around and looking. 

• Upvote 1