Tupelo Falls

Part 3: Homecoming

”David! David! David!” My mom had looked like she aged 20 years since I last saw her. She was noticeably more raspier than she was when I last saw her and the distinct smell of cigarette smoke wafted in the air around her. When she finally saw me she hugged me so hard I thought she was trying to break me in two. “David you look well and I can’t believe that my baby boy is finally home,” she said hugging me. “Hi mom it’s good to see you too.” I couldn’t help but notice the tears rolling down my cheeks. It had been little over 10 years since I had seen her in person. We had only been speaking to each other again for the last three years. For the both of us it was a bittersweet moment. For all the fighting and hatred that we both inflicted on one another it felt like those times would become a distant memory. As I grabbed my things my mom insisted on her putting my things in the trunk of the car, but I told her, “mom I’m pretty sure I’m old enough to load my own luggage.”

As we pulled out of the station onto highway 320 she leaned over and said to me, “I’m so happy that you are finally home again, and I can speak for both me and your father we are both happy to have you home.” I was kinda taken aback that my father was looking forward to me coming home, because we had essentially only communicated through head nods. So I had to ask the question on why she was so insistent on me coming home, but her reply really caught me off guard. “Well I suppose I can tell you. Baby boy the doctor’s found a lump in my right breast. The lump was cancerous, and it has spread to other parts of my body. I didn’t want to go another few months without seeing you and I needed to make peace with you. I needed to bury the past so I could spend my remaining days and weeks with you.” The news that the woman who raised me was in the winter of her life really took me back. “Have you gotten a second opinion on this? Have you visited the cancer center at UT? How long have you known?” I said this with tears pouring out of my eyes. She sighed and said, “I’ve only know for about two months now. My doctor her sent me to ETSU and then down to UTK to see their doctors on how to go after this. Everything they looked at was either going to prolong the inevitable and would rapidly deteriorate my quality of life. So I choose to make myself as comfortable as possible. Your father has been taking care of me as much as he can, but he’s been battling his own issues. So we’ve taken on a hospice nurse to help him with my care. I’m not entirely gone yet, but things have gotten a lot harder for me to deal with. It’s only a matter of time.”

For the remainder of the car ride to my parent’s house, I just sat there in stunned silence. My mom knew that the news was a lot, and she was kind enough to let me have some space to think. That car ride was the longest ride of my life, however the entire journey from the station to my parent’s home was only a 30 min drive. We finally pull in and the house that I had grew up in looked the same as it was when I last seen it. I had so many good memories there. Ranging from the first time I learned how to ride my bike to me figuring out that I was a gay ole country boy. I found that out thanks to a neighbor kid named Corey who would come over from time to time to “sword fight” and to make out with one another. Eventually he would be my first lover and the person who would take my virginity. Of course that happened at his house as his parents were mostly not home after school. So we had ample opportunity to explore. 

I walked into the house for the very first time since 2009 and I immediately noticed all of the family portraits on the wall. I also noticed that my mom had framed several of my newspaper stories. This ranged from my first story with my high school newspaper to my first story with the Capitol Journal. For me seeing that part of the wall gave me pause, and maybe rethink how my parents felt about me. Did they actually feel proud of me or were these put up prior to my visit, but I’m more inclined to believe that they were actually proud of me. As I was looking at these framed items on the wall, my phone vibrated in my pocket. It was text from JD saying he made it to the resort. I texted him back saying I had made it safely to my parents house. He then sent me a picture from his room with a breath taking view of the mighty Great Smoky Mountains. He captioned the photo with, “what a great view. I hope to share it with you sometime this week.” I smiled and replied back with, “It could happen sooner rather than later.” Just as I was hitting send, my father walked into the living room. He had gotten more heavier set than he was when I last saw him. He was definitely showing his age, but what I didn’t expect was for him to grab me and give me the biggest hug of my life. It was at that moment I broke down in tears again, with him crying into my shoulder. All he kept saying was, “I’m sorry son,” over and over again. I kept telling him it was okay, but I believe the last decade of guilt had finally made him crack. After our tearful reunion, he motioned me over to the couch. The couch was the same one that he used to read me stories about Robin Hood and King Arthur. He pulled this old looking photo album, and he handed it to me. “Every since you left, I wanted to keep a memento of the work you did from your college paper to your current work with the Capitol Gazette. So I saved every article here in this photo album. I wanted to have this so I can look at all the amazing things that you have done, because you have made me proud. I know we didn’t speak for a long time, but I wanted to let you know is that I’m sorry son. I should have accepted you sooner than I did, but sometimes it takes me an old fool like me to loose something to realize just how important you were to me.” 

I stared in amazement that after all these years my own father has finally accepted me for well being me.  I looked at him and I said, “Thanks dad. I missed you too.” Right when I said that a man walked out of the kitchen. It was to my surprise that it was my childhood friend Corey. When he saw me he was like, “well look who the cat drugged by.” I laughed and said, “well you haven’t changed a bit.” I got up and hugged him. My mom tapped me on the shoulder and said, “David let’s go put your things up. We can catch up some more after you have settled.” As I went to grab my things Corey offered to help me with them. So he followed me down to my old childhood bedroom and as soon as the door closed I was immediately fixed on him. He literally hadn’t aged a day, and he was just as beautiful from the last time I saw him. I could see his semi growing in his scrubs, but I had to resist the urge to pounce on him. 

As we were unpacking my things he quipped, “Man I have so many memories in this room. Especially all those times we used our dicks to pretend we were sword fighting.” I laughed and said, “yea I do remember that very fondly. So just out of curiosity, how did you get to become my parents hospice nurse?” He replied, “Well I had been working as a traveling nurse for a while, and when my mom got sick I came back and took care of her. After she passed, I decided to go into hospice care. I got assigned here because it’s obviously close to where I live, but your mom and dad were there for me when mom died. So naturally it was a good fit.” I missed a lot over the years and I knew I wanted to get looped in. So I asked him if he wanted to hangout the next day just to catch up, and he said yes enthusiastically. In fact I’m pretty sure he was wanting to catch up both literally and physically. I however wasn’t opposed to him catching up with me physically. If memory serves me correctly, his dick was uncut and thick. Not to mention he was definitely a shooter so I’m pretty my ass was going to get coated with cum, if we got that far. So I had that to look forward to the next day, and thank god I brought my supplies to prepare. 

First off I want to thank everyone for your kind words and support for this story. It’s definitely my first time writing something like this. I’ll definitely improve over time, but I wanted to tell a well rounded story. Things will get to become more interesting starting in the next part especially for David. Who doesn’t know he’s on the journey to joining the brotherhood. 

• Like 12
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

This one pushed my buttons

[REAL] - it was 31st December 2022 when I saw my biological father after years. He was the ghost of himself, we had cut every contact because of his homophobia and serophobia. To make it short, he revealed he had a terminal cancer and died late January 2023. 

But in that case there was no pride he's been the asshole he's always been! Yes I'd have liked things to go different, at least to have him accept me. But my conscience is clean and have made him spend his last weeks in a hospice where he could die in peace. 

These days I'm quite reviving the event so... 

You unwillingly did the trick

I'd better let my tears flow. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, PozTalkAuthor said:

This one pushed my buttons

[REAL] - it was 31st December 2022 when I saw my biological father after years. He was the ghost of himself, we had cut every contact because of his homophobia and serophobia. To make it short, he revealed he had a terminal cancer and died late January 2023. 

But in that case there was no pride he's been the asshole he's always been! Yes I'd have liked things to go different, at least to have him accept me. But my conscience is clean and have made him spend his last weeks in a hospice where he could die in peace. 

These days I'm quite reviving the event so... 

You unwillingly did the trick

I'd better let my tears flow. 

I am so sorry for everything you endured. Life is so fucking cruel and tough sometimes. And for everything he put you through, he certainly didn't deserve any compassion from you @PozTalkAuthor at all. But you can hold your head up and at least you gave him some dignity in death. Probably a hellova lot more that he would have given you. Hugs 

Edited by negchaserlooking
grammar

13 minutes ago, negchaserlooking said:

I am so sorry for everything you endured. Life is so fucking cruel and tough sometimes. And for everything he put you through, he certainly didn't deserve any compassion from you @PozTalkAuthor at all. But you can hold your head up and at least you gave him some dignity in death. Probably a hellova lot more that he would have given you. Hugs 

It's the best thing I could do for him. When in 2020 he was running the risk of dying by covid, and when it happened with cancer afterwards. 

I wanted to be superior to hate, as hate generates more hate! I simply needed to break that chain. 

Sorry, I almost seemed the psy's lounge. 

But, SERIOUSLY, I appreciate stories where authors bring other feelings up, this is a sex-based site but honestly, stories where people just cum, go, and collect loads, mean nothing to me. We are all human beings, with feelings. And worthy of respect. 

• Like 5